Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Can I get a good replacement hood anywhere?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2018
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
For a factory hood look on your local craigslist and sites like that. Maybe even eBay. These will have the best deals. Lots of people take them off and sell when they upgrade to a aftermarket hood.

As far as Cervini I purchased a hood and a couple other things from them many years. Easy to work with/order, shipped fast and nice, and also the painter didn't complain to much so they must have painted well. I remember there was some orange peel on it, but the painter said he could redo down the road if I wanted. I didn't ever take him on up as I didn't keep the car long after I did the work. (Long story...) I would buy from again if in the market for aftermarket body parts.

Most of the site sponsors sell hoods like Cervini's and others as well. Some might sell factory like options as well. I am sure less than the Ford quote. Is the $1500 for painted and installed I would hope? Either way sounds high. If I am recalling I paid maybe a couple hundred bucks for the hood to be painted. I paid somewhere around $500 to have hood painted/installed and minor front bumper touch ups. Of course hood purchase not included in the $500. Either way $1500 sounds high, but just my .02. Maybe call around a couple Ford dealers as they can always ship to a painter.

Whats wrong with current hood just out of curiosity? Have you checked around to see if it can be repaired? I ask as it seems you want to keep factory look anyway.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome