Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Forgot to put my tune back in
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2018
Astangthang
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnasty71 View Post
That's pretty sweet what you were able to do with your ride. The money def sounds right. I def don't wanna go over $3k for everything total. I know you can find some decent used 2 valves engines with decent miles around $1000-$1200. I wish I was more mechanically inclined and had the time to do the install myself. I hear these Motors are pretty much the easiest motors to swap in out in a matter of 1-2 days. I'm Also considering what you suggested earlier or even having the current engine rebuilt completely. I think it's all gonna come down to really doing my homework and seeing cost wise what's gonna net me my best options. Now here's a question I hope you or anyone can answer for me. If I decide to just swap out engines from one car to another. No upgrade just an even Steven swap. 2 valve for a 2 valve. What should I make sure it has so I'm not chasing my tail because I forgot to make sure it has a wiring harness for example. I want to mane this is a hassle free for me and my mechanic. I appreciate any and all help. Oh and nice job on Spankin those guys with your npi engine by introducing them to some old 70s & 80s soul music from the GAP band lol
judging by your year get a Romeo PI engine. They are plentiful. Don't get a Windsor or you will have to by a flywheel. Romeo list is 01-04 Stang's, 01-11 granny cars, vans. I've heard some 01 Stang's at the very beginning of the year came out with Windsors, but it was a limited supply so watch for that. I have yet to see one but you never know.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome