Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2018 GT Based Coupe Buy?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2018
Rpinaiii
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenracer View Post
Hi All,

Newbie here and i was just wondering some input and thoughts as to what is a reasonable price for a new buy? Looking to buy by the end of this month or would it be wise to wait later until the 2019 comes out and then i can get a good deal? Based on NADA it shows $30,033-$33,407. I live in Texas so sales tax will be 6.25% and other admin/process fees is about additional $500?

Much thanks all.

Hi live in San Antonio, I just purchased a 2018 GT manual base, and yes in that price range. I think it was a good deal. Right now you get the Ford $3,000 cash incentive which brings it down to that range, BUT beware. The Ford dealer is going to try and charge you for dealer adds, like tint, polysteel, and antitheft something. Basically, the MSRP is like $36,000 about, you get $3,000 Ford cash, then you get dealer discount like $2,500, bringing the price down, but then the dealer tries to charge you for the add ins, which brings it up to about $34,000 plus tax etc. They will waive those add-in fees, you just got to get two dealers going against each other. For me total was $32,850 out the door, including tax, doc fees, etc. Just some info so you are aware. About waiting, I don't know the answer to that. I bought it because I was fine with the deal. Look on auto trader and you can find that kind of deal near you. Remember though, it is the base GT. If you get other options it will be more. hope this helps.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome