Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New 2018 GT overheats on the way to dealership
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2018
redwing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Psshhhh I am sorry, but I take posts like these as nothing more than a funny joke to give me a good laugh... Every brand has issues. Hell I know I will be banned for my next statement, but I just bought a Honda Civic Type R and that is Honda's pride and joy icon car at the moment and it in the start sold for up to or more than 15K over sticker so 50K+ and currently sells still at a lot of places for 5-10K above sticker so 45K+ car. (I was one of the "lucky" people to find and buy at MSRP so a 35K car.) It has issues. 1 of the issues being transmission issues. Grids in 2nd gear was very common early on and hopefully fixed as the complaints have slowed down from owners. It has some noises I noticed form mile 18 when I picked it up and it has same and a coupe other odd noises. It is a sports car not your grandma's Buick it is going to have noises and quirks as it is just part of the experience of owning a performance/sportscar. I learned that all to well with my 2013 Boss 302 and the transmission and rear end noises it had. Not to mention the gear lock out and clutch stick issues that I had the day I got it... People in WRX's have head gasket issues among others, corvettes have their issues, the Cadillac CTS-V had real end issues, and I could go on for probably ever brand and model if I thought abut it and google searched. Good luck finding a car that doesn't have reported issues...

Don't mean this in a harsh way, but it bugs me when people bash any make or model for a BS reason that every make and model has similar issues.

Sorry but I just can't buy that. Not every car/manufacture has problems of this magnitude and other issues on a regular basis. My wife's 2016 Mazda CX-5 has 36,00 miles on it and its as tight and right as the day it was born. It'll probably make it to 100,000 miles with 10 oil changes and nothing more. It's a 30k car/suv. I've owned every thing from Nissan Maxima's to 911GT's and dozens in between,( almost all foreign brands even though I'm from Detroit) and I never had more than an airbag recall or a truck latch replaced. Some of them were high performance sports cars and they were driven as intended for 10's of thousands of miles with no real issues. Ironically the only car(s) that were problematic were the two GMC SUV's I had in the mid 2000's. Good news was they were company cars so I didn't care. Take a look at the consumer reports ratings and you'll find the Ford products down in the mid teens and that's where they stay. My neighbor is a retired big shot from Ford and when I told him what they did with that transmission he just rolled his eyes and said " not again". Not sure what he was referring to.

I also agree that there are going to be far more negative posters on line than positive although I have to say as a potential buyer I have seen a lot of positive reviews for this car so those people do chime in. I find the real world direct consumer reviews to be very helpful. The people who are having these issues aren't making them up. The guy isn't driving a dealer loaner for 2 months because he wants to. They are happening and on a major component like this its an issue for someone like me who really wants to buy the car. I had my checkbook in hand and was ready to go but the brakes have been applied until I find out more. For instance I'd like to know when exactly the Ford dudes huddled up and said " we have to modify/change this part on new production" and when that went into effect. I have to believe they are not shipping 2019 Bullitt's with a known "possibly" faulty gear box and a TSB but I could be wrong. I'm not bashing the car at all. I think it's the best looking and possibly best performing car of it's type right now and if it stays screwed together competes with cars like BMW's M2. But shredding the linkage while shifting into 3rd probably is not going to happen on that car.

Just my .02

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome