Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - I've thought about this and so I thought I'd ask the FI and other Experts
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2008 Thread Starter
jre8806
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jre8806 Send a message via Skype™ to jre8806
I've thought about this and so I thought I'd ask the FI and other Experts

So my dad finally upgraded his turbo in his truck (2002 Ford 7.3L diesel F 250 4x4 the works) from the stock 80mm to a 88mm with a boost controller in it. I'd like to see how it runs but that's not the point of this thread.
I have been set on purchasing the HP performance Stage 2 kit which I think it is a garrett 76mm I forget the site is down at the moment, maybe 70mm. Anyway, I just recently thought about taking my dad's turbo and throwing it in there. It's a Garrett 80mm one that comes stock on a diesel. Do you think It's possible I can just use that and it would do just as good if not better than the other turbo HP is offering? And then All that I would need would be the piping? I'm sure that would take a load off the pricing? If this can happen can you guys help shed some light on the subject as in what I would need to do to make sure its a good install? Or should I say to hell with it and jsut stay the course with the HP Turbo? Thanks in advance.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome