Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Hurst Competition Plus Shifter
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2019 Thread Starter
Cobra2572
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by my89foxbody View Post
My car had one from a previous owner, I personally didn't like it, felt really sloppy, was missing shifts, the previous owner didn't put loc-tite on the bolts for the sifter and the top bolt completely backed out while driving. Couldn't use any of the gears on the top 1st,3rd,5th until I was able to get home and fix it. Didn't experience any rattle noises. There's no reverse lock out but they give you an amber light that lights up when you hit reverse which is nice until the light doesn't light up because someone didn't have a tight connection and while you're at a light and you go into reverse instead of 1st is fun.. I now have a Barton short shifter with <acronym title="transmission"><acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym></acronym> bracket and the difference is phenomenal
Mine is an entirely different shifter. I see your issue with reverse on the 6 speed. Thanks for the tip on the Loctite. I plan on putting it in on Saturday. If it's noisy, I'll just crank up the base. If it shifts lousy, I'll take it back out and keep the shifter ball and the T-shirt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shifter.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	609531  

He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome