Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1966 c4 is not shifting well from second to third
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2019
imps
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlkmap View Post
Hello,
Suddenly my green dot <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym> is having difficulty shifting from second to third. The engine revs up and will shift if I let up on the throttle or if I let it rev. I had a transmission shop repair a shift shaft leak 4k miles ago and it was working fine until now. I checked the fluid level which was high and there were some bubbles on the dipstick which made me think it was cavitating. I drained 8oz of atf out, which put it at the proper level. I replaced the modulation valve and made sure the vacuum hose was in good shape (even put a zip tie clamp on the hose). Now I’ve drained 16oz and added “Bar’s leaks” additive that says it will improve shifting. Nothing has helped. Should I pull the transmission and rebuild it or could it be the torque converter?
I appreciate any and all ideas.
Is the complaint specifically that the engine speeds up during shifting to 3rd.? This indicates slippage, most likely in the High Clutch. No Converter trouble.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome