Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Are ball joints on front LCA serviceable? (2011 GT)
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2019
xartic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowekmr View Post
I just got a 2012 GT that I am looking to replace LCA for new bushings and ball joints. What is EPAS shudder?

Your EPAS is controlled by an algorithm that Ford made pretty aggressive on the 2011s and some 2012s that will try to compensate for the lack of a hydrobushing on your factory control arm.

I have this issue with BMRís adjustable LCA that have the small poly bushing and the EPAS does not like it when itís warm out. It makes your steering wheel and front tires shake pretty violently as it gets in a feedback loop and only goes away by slowing down signatory speeding up.

I bought them LCA cheap ($300 new) and had a run in with a curb due to another drivers negligence and it damaged my factory control arm.

I posted a picture showing the size difference of a factory vs the BMR I have now installed.

11' Brembo GT, 3.73's, BBK ceramic LTH, 3" BBK O/R X-pipe, 3" stainless res delete, Flowmaster super 44's, Steeda CAI with 91 Bama Tune, Eibach front sway bar with whiteline end links, Steeda panhard bar brace, Hotchkis adj. panhard bar, Steeda LCA with poly/delrin, Whiteline LCA relocation bracket, BMR adj. UCA with BMR mount, Whiteline rear sway bar with Whiteline end links, ST suspension 1.4" drop springs, Koni Yellows

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome