post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2019 Thread Starter
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Ford Extended Warranty Question

So I am considering purchasing a extended warranty on my newly acquired 2012 GT500. Never really purchased extended warranties before, but this is an expensive 7-8 year old car and being a supercharged 5.4L motor I imagine it would be expensive to replace if something goes wrong. Not to mention the trans either....

So my question is I keep getting mixed info when I call the Ford warranty number. I am looking to get the most basic warranty called the PowertrainCARE. Of course it is vary vague on what is covered. 1 of them tells me if motor through a rod or what have you I would be covered the other says no I would need their top tier plan for that. Neither plan says it covers this. The trans is stated it is is fully covered by stating all internal parts are covered.

Anybody have experience with the a Ford extended warranty? Care to share experience with claims process, info on the plans, and anything related would be greatly appreciated.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome