Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Why am I not hooking up?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2019 Thread Starter
speedknot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
Last sentence you wrote is key. The Challenger rt is heavier, less powerful and has a different rear suspension than a Mustang GT which is lighter, has more power and has a different suspension.

Tires are one key component to hooking up. But driving technique is as important. Two different cars require two different techniques.
You guys just love to spend my money. All kidding aside, I'll give the relo brackets a try. You guys make some good points. I was really on the fence about the summer vs all season tires. I went with the Indy 500's because they were readily available and a bit cheaper than the all season tires in my size(s). Firestone was running a $100 promo as well. I'm garaging my car in the winter so I thought the summer tires would be ok. I did have these tires on with mid 70 temps and they performed ok. The other night it was upper 50's and these acted like a different creature. I can definitely see the compound being a factor with colder temps. I guess I cant expect much when the temps drop around here. Would I have done better with all seasons?

Hey Onez. I guess what you're saying is that my heavy, less powerful R/T is a better runner than my lighter, overpowered mustang? I really haven't ran the mustang through it paces at optimal temps and road conditions, but my stock R/T seems quicker and more controlled on the 1/4 mile. I'm damned with these tires if I cant harness the 420pony's. Summer on Long Island is too short.

2014 GT Coupe Base manual, 3:55
JLT CAI, Custom Tune, Eibach Sportline springs
Whiteline LCA & Panhard Bar
Staggered Firestone Indy 500

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome