Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Why am I not hooking up?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2019
MustangLife
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedknot View Post
You guys just love to spend my money. All kidding aside, I'll give the relo brackets a try. You guys make some good points. I was really on the fence about the summer vs all season tires. I went with the Indy 500's because they were readily available and a bit cheaper than the all season tires in my size(s). Firestone was running a $100 promo as well. I'm garaging my car in the winter so I thought the summer tires would be ok. I did have these tires on with mid 70 temps and they performed ok. The other night it was upper 50's and these acted like a different creature. I can definitely see the compound being a factor with colder temps. I guess I cant expect much when the temps drop around here. Would I have done better with all seasons?

Hey Onez. I guess what you're saying is that my heavy, less powerful R/T is a better runner than my lighter, overpowered mustang? I really haven't ran the mustang through it paces at optimal temps and road conditions, but my stock R/T seems quicker and more controlled on the 1/4 mile. I'm damned with these tires if I cant harness the 420pony's. Summer on Long Island is too short.
Your question of would you have done better with all seasons that answer is a little better, but not much. So if not driving a lot in the winter you made the right call. High HP/TQ cars aren't the best in colder temps overall. Heck any car really isn't. You can spin the tires on a kia when it gets cold enough out if you floor it... Cold roads turn tires rock solid and they just lose grip...

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome