Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - V6 3.7 Duratec Water Pump Drive Chain Design Flaw?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2019
David Young
PONY Member

The water pumps on our 3.7 are on the front of the motor and very easy to replace. They aren't chain driven. A lot of them do go bad at low miles because of a design flaw of not having a check valve in a return hose that doesn't allows air to get into the system. Here is a Thread I started on another Mustang Forum showing the $25 hose replacement and part number. I only have 32,000 miles on my 2011 but my water pump is still going strong. Our 2014 Edge has the 3.5L and has the chain driven water pump that can mess up the engine but not the 3.7 in Mustangs. Here is a link to my Thread https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ads-up-537306/

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome