Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Which Sway Bars to get?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2008
ponyexpress1573
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmustangs View Post
What do you mean by driven them both ways?
I have had the opportunity to drive a V-6 with just a GT rear bar added and GT front and Rear. It is a different feel the first scenario just a little more roll through a curve. I then ordered the ones from Ford Racing and it has a larger Steeda bar than their regular kit as I mentioned in my earlier post and it is adjustable I have mine set full forward to limit over steer it makes for a little harsher ride on the street but it is well within a tolerable level. The other thing I liked was the rear links are a huge billet hunk of aluminum and will not flex like the factory crome moly links will under heavy side load like road racing. And at $379 it is relatively cheap considering ford wants like $45 for just the hardware to mount the rear of course you can find it cheaper but to me time saved running around to get them is worth that. But you will have at least $200.00 in parts to get everything you need and so for $179 more I get it all in a kit and it is much more solid a feel than a stock GT.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome