After Market Sound System to Mach 460 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to spy23714
After Market Sound System to Mach 460

Anyone have any pointers or diagrams or anything? I'm adding a sub to the factory head unit in a friends car and I'm looking for any help I can get...thanks.

1998 Mustang GT-SVO Headers-Steeda Tri-Ax-Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers Dumped-Eibach Springs-Edelbrock Shocks-Tokico Struts-MM CC Plates-CAI

RIP-1989 LX 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008
4.6L Member

You can get a splicer that ties into the speaker wires that converts the signal into RCA's wires. I will say the sound will not be like u think with the amplified signal from the mach 460 I eventually got a different head unit and just ran wires. It sounds so much better now. It also dropped about 20lbs by taking out the rear box, and got a lot more room for a box. You can also get some good cash by selling the old mach radio and amps on ebay.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to spy23714
It's not my car, it's a buddies and I'm not sure if he wants to get the new head unit or not. Either way, it's not my deal.

1998 Mustang GT-SVO Headers-Steeda Tri-Ax-Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers Dumped-Eibach Springs-Edelbrock Shocks-Tokico Struts-MM CC Plates-CAI

RIP-1989 LX 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page