Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Alarms (/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/)
-   -   What is the Best Double Din Head Unit? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/1027089-what-best-double-din-head-unit.html)

carosefrich 06-05-2017 05:33 AM

What is the Best Double Din Head Unit?

I am willing to buy a good Double Din Head Unit. Some people say buy Pioneer and other say buy Kenwood. From your experience would you like to share your thought please. Although, I am getting lots of feedback about Pioneer. I am seeing same kind top 5 list here.. https://theeffectiveguide.com/best-d...din-head-unit/ . But, willing to hear from experience people. And please mention your recommend 2 din head model name too.
Update: According to that review, I have purchased Pioneer that recommend model.

Beechkid 06-05-2017 02:27 PM

I'm partial to Kenwood but, it really depends on the type of music you enjoy...may I suggest speaking with Crutchfield......they are great to speak with over the phone, they are not pushy in anyway and will talk you through your selection.

huberoy123 06-05-2017 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed a JVC - KW-AV61BT several years ago. I like all the options I have for music (USB stick, CD, satellite radio, iphone integration), telephone and back-up camera feature. I'm sure that they have upgraded models at this point.

I agree with Beechkid, about contacting Crutchfield.

baylensmanfl 06-06-2017 09:16 AM

The one that has the features you want. Back up camera? USB? Sirius XM? Bluetooth? Touch screen? Remote? Phone app? The sky's the limit. My recommendation is stay with a name brand, that has a long record. My Audivox has had three firm ware updates over the past couple years, i have the touch screen and back up cam, it has the hooks up and controls for Sirius, i just haven't installed, I also have an 8GB memory stick in the glove box, i think i have around 3000 songs, mostly oldies. Pioneer Panasonic JVC are all good and have their fans and detractors.

silver_stang200 06-06-2017 10:30 PM

I'm with Beechkid. I have a Kenwood DDX393. It has everything I was looking for.

Sirius XM Android play (I have a LG V10 I'm a Iphone defector) Blue tooth can hook up a front/rear cam and USB

But like others has said It's your preference on what you like hope this helps

carosefrich 06-07-2017 01:39 PM

Thanks everyone for suggestion. I have not big budget. Thus, I am ordering Kenwood DPX500BT which price only $135. It has lots of positive review on Amazon. Later, If i get time then i will review this product here.

Encrypted101 07-28-2017 05:36 PM

According to this list (https://mydoubledinheadunit.com/best...din-head-unit/) , the pioneer AVH-4200NEX was the best last year and is still the best this year. Perhaps you should consider getting it.

JosephSeed 08-23-2019 08:25 PM

I've been thinking about buying a Kenwood DDX9703S head unit, it's rated pretty high on amazon and on car audio review sites.
Does anyone own this model? Does it work well?
Thanks

IceBox84 08-29-2019 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I’ve had mostly Kenwood and JVC, a few Pioneers. All have been good to me. However, I stepped outside the norm for my 98 GT and went with the Alpine ilx-650w double din since Metra introduced a new double din kit for the 94-99 guys. I have been beyond pleased with the performance and usability. The quality in my opinion is beautiful compared to the other brands I normally go with. Big selling point was AppleCar play, compact design, and 7” touch screen. Plus you can add amp packs instead of mounting bulky amplifiers. Pretty cool in my opinion.

huberoy123 08-29-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBox84 (Post 9244003)
Ive had mostly Kenwood and JVC, a few Pioneers. All have been good to me. However, I stepped outside the norm for my 98 GT and went with the Alpine ilx-650w double din since Metra introduced a new double din kit for the 94-99 guys. I have been beyond pleased with the performance and usability. The quality in my opinion is beautiful compared to the other brands I normally go with. Big selling point was AppleCar play, compact design, and 7 touch screen. Plus you can add amp packs instead of mounting bulky amplifiers. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Cool. How to do you attach the amp packs?