What is the Best Double Din Head Unit? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IceBox84

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

What is the Best Double Din Head Unit?

I am willing to buy a good Double Din Head Unit. Some people say buy Pioneer and other say buy Kenwood. From your experience would you like to share your thought please. Although, I am getting lots of feedback about Pioneer. I am seeing same kind top 5 list here.. https://theeffectiveguide.com/best-d...din-head-unit/ . But, willing to hear from experience people. And please mention your recommend 2 din head model name too.
Update: According to that review, I have purchased Pioneer that recommend model.

Last edited by carosefrich; 06-13-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017
BOSS Member

I'm partial to Kenwood but, it really depends on the type of music you enjoy...may I suggest speaking with Crutchfield......they are great to speak with over the phone, they are not pushy in anyway and will talk you through your selection.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017
PONY Member

Garage
I installed a JVC - KW-AV61BT several years ago. I like all the options I have for music (USB stick, CD, satellite radio, iphone integration), telephone and back-up camera feature. I'm sure that they have upgraded models at this point.

I agree with Beechkid, about contacting Crutchfield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JVC Headunit.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	566729  

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017
PONY Member

The one that has the features you want. Back up camera? USB? Sirius XM? Bluetooth? Touch screen? Remote? Phone app? The sky's the limit. My recommendation is stay with a name brand, that has a long record. My Audivox has had three firm ware updates over the past couple years, i have the touch screen and back up cam, it has the hooks up and controls for Sirius, i just haven't installed, I also have an 8GB memory stick in the glove box, i think i have around 3000 songs, mostly oldies. Pioneer Panasonic JVC are all good and have their fans and detractors.

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I'm with Beechkid. I have a Kenwood DDX393. It has everything I was looking for.

Sirius XM Android play (I have a LG V10 I'm a Iphone defector) Blue tooth can hook up a front/rear cam and USB

But like others has said It's your preference on what you like hope this helps

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks everyone for suggestion. I have not big budget. Thus, I am ordering Kenwood DPX500BT which price only $135. It has lots of positive review on Amazon. Later, If i get time then i will review this product here.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017

According to this list (https://mydoubledinheadunit.com/best...din-head-unit/) , the pioneer AVH-4200NEX was the best last year and is still the best this year. Perhaps you should consider getting it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Rookie

I've been thinking about buying a Kenwood DDX9703S head unit, it's rated pretty high on amazon and on car audio review sites.
Does anyone own this model? Does it work well?
Thanks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

I’ve had mostly Kenwood and JVC, a few Pioneers. All have been good to me. However, I stepped outside the norm for my 98 GT and went with the Alpine ilx-650w double din since Metra introduced a new double din kit for the 94-99 guys. I have been beyond pleased with the performance and usability. The quality in my opinion is beautiful compared to the other brands I normally go with. Big selling point was AppleCar play, compact design, and 7” touch screen. Plus you can add amp packs instead of mounting bulky amplifiers. Pretty cool in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4CF3FE92-5900-4739-B737-66C9BA977ECE_1567085759476.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	387.2 KB
ID:	611211  
huberoy123 likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBox84 View Post
Ive had mostly Kenwood and JVC, a few Pioneers. All have been good to me. However, I stepped outside the norm for my 98 GT and went with the Alpine ilx-650w double din since Metra introduced a new double din kit for the 94-99 guys. I have been beyond pleased with the performance and usability. The quality in my opinion is beautiful compared to the other brands I normally go with. Big selling point was AppleCar play, compact design, and 7 touch screen. Plus you can add amp packs instead of mounting bulky amplifiers. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Cool. How to do you attach the amp packs?

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2 din , double din head unit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page