Ford Mustang Forum banner

bluetooth OBD reader linked to stereo head unit?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  crjackson 
#1 ·
Bluetooth OBD readers are pretty awesome from what I've seen, and even better when you can get them to display on your head unit screen (rather then your cell phone). I'm not a techie - so having trouble figuring our how to set this up. I understand you need a head unit with canbus capability - but the only ones I see are for German cars.

Has anyone here done this, and if so please share how. (BTW I'm hoping to add this feature to my 07 GT.)

Thanks!

#2 ·
Good luck with that project. I saw several stereos on ebay that had that capability. Unless, I was regularly tracking my car, I'm not sure I would want that feature. I think of code reading for problem situations. I would be a nervous wreck watching my engine parameters at a glance. LOL. Let us know if someone has figured out how to program your stereo.

#5 ·
The built-in OEM navigation/stereo head unit in my 2014 reads and clears DTC codes. I have a BT dongle plugged in to the OBDII port that gives me everything I need on my iPhone. I only use it periodically just to check on things.

Reactions: huberoy123
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.