in dash DVD player hookup question... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to mybronco2.com Send a message via Yahoo to mybronco2.com
in dash DVD player hookup question...

Pink wire to emergency brake (-)
Keeps you from viewing movies when driving, as the e-brake has to be on to view screen.
It says to pop in the dvd, and with the e-brake on, and then release the e-brake for 3 to 5 seconds and reapply the e-brake....
I KNOW there is a bypass for this........
Anyone wanna share with me?

1995 GT Stock other than 3.73 gears

1984 BroncoII

327 HO stroker (331 w/std. bore), AFR Heads, Ported Cobra Intake, BBK 70mm TB, 30 lbs Injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, Nitrous, C4 Automatic Trans, Dana 20 Transfer case, D35 front TTB, w/ARB, 8.8" rear - 4.56 Gears, 32x10.5 Swampers, 3" lift, Safari Snorkel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

Subscribed.In my old explorer I had indash tv and had to trip my e brake light to watch tv while moving.

"Sonic the Hedgehog" 2005 GT 5 spd. SLP LMs and stock and slow
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybronco2.com View Post
Pink wire to emergency brake (-)
Keeps you from viewing movies when driving, as the e-brake has to be on to view screen.
It says to pop in the dvd, and with the e-brake on, and then release the e-brake for 3 to 5 seconds and reapply the e-brake....
I KNOW there is a bypass for this........
Anyone wanna share with me?
The wire just sees current, so you should just need to feed it an ignition-switched current of the proper voltage. If it is 12 volts, then just splice into the remote turn on lead. You could even wire up a switch to this wire to "apply, insert, release 3-5 seconds, then reapply".

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to mybronco2.com Send a message via Yahoo to mybronco2.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
The wire just sees current, so you should just need to feed it an ignition-switched current of the proper voltage. If it is 12 volts, then just splice into the remote turn on lead. You could even wire up a switch to this wire to "apply, insert, release 3-5 seconds, then reapply".
But the books showing it going to the "Emergency brake (-)"
Im thinking a switch to ground not 12 volt.
Its VERY inclear on this wire and I called tech support and was told they cant help with this issure for legal issues

1984 BroncoII

327 HO stroker (331 w/std. bore), AFR Heads, Ported Cobra Intake, BBK 70mm TB, 30 lbs Injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, Nitrous, C4 Automatic Trans, Dana 20 Transfer case, D35 front TTB, w/ARB, 8.8" rear - 4.56 Gears, 32x10.5 Swampers, 3" lift, Safari Snorkel
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
i just installed one in my car,i put that wire to straight ground,the dvd works all the time now....

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I thought it may have been right to ground, but its back in the box and back to the store!
It kept shutting off....

Thanks for the help

1984 BroncoII

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybronco2.com View Post
But the books showing it going to the "Emergency brake (-)"
Im thinking a switch to ground not 12 volt.
Its VERY inclear on this wire and I called tech support and was told they cant help with this issure for legal issues
try hooking it to the e-brake (+) and see if that works. The downside is your e-brake light might always be on, but it should complete the circuit, whereas connecting it to the e-brake (-) gets its current after the break in the circuit. Alternatively, splice into the e-brake (+) and e-brake (-) and connect them with a switch. Then splice into the (-) wire of the switch. You'd basically be creating a parallel circuit, controlled by the switch. The switch would turn on the e-brake light, but its a small sacrifice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page