2007 Mustang, Shaker 500 Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008 Thread Starter

Question 2007 Mustang, Shaker 500 Question

Hi All, I just got my '07 Mustang back from the collision shop (see the introductions section), my car was vandalized and the bums smashed my radio. The shop put in a new one and I have a couple of questions.

The new radio has chrome rings around the buttons and knobs where my original radio did not. What is this from? It says Shaker 500 on it and looks identical to the original minus the chrome.

The speed volume does not work.

There is no night time illumination. I can't recall if the original radio had it or not, I would think so since you can't see the buttons at night.

What did the shop do wrong? did they give me a bum radio or F something else up? I know there is a Smart Junction Box involved.

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, -Ken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

first i would check the brightnes for the interior lights
if its not turned up the radio will be dim
i think the chrome bezels are new for 2008

2006 Torch Red GT 5 speed Black Leather Shaker Hood Scoop CAI black spoiler mirror covers shorty antenna black billett fuel door mustang license plate brackets
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
The chrome is in-fact a new thing. There was some discussion on that in an earlier thread.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008 Thread Starter

Shaker 500 Question

So Would it be correct to assume this is a 2008 radio then?

I forgot to say my other dash lights are fine and they will vary in intensity with the dimmer.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008
Apprentice

Pinouts

They may have bent some pins or didn't get the J1 plug seated all the way.
Attached is a link to where the wire go, look at illumination pins. There is always the fuse check route.

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/Shaker500.pdf

I'm still trying to determine if the radio itself is any different between the 500 and 1000, other than the face script. It looks like the trunk full of junk does all the thumper stuff and not the radio itself. Anybody know what the differences are? I bought a 1000 on Ebay before I even got the car. They look the same as to connections and layout.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

thats weird because in my 07, my shaker 500 radio never had the speed volume working since the day i drove it off the lot. i thought about bringing it back but i tossed in a nav unit instead. the illumination and speed sense inputs on the new mustangs run through a data wire because an illumination wire or speed wire does not exist on the harness. i tested for both when i installed my nav. your smart junction box may have to be updated in order to work with an 08 radio.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

To be honest. I would dump the Shaker 500 with chrome or no chrome and buy a new head unit w/nav. The Eclipse AVN 5500 or 6600 are great units. A real good touch to the inside of the Stang.

Steeda CAI W/93 SCT Tune, Steeda CMDP, Steeda UDP, Steeda LCA, Steeda UCA, Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Panhard Bar & Brace, Steeda Hood Strut Mounts, Steeda adjustable Camber Plates, Tokico D-Specs, G2 Painted Calipers,Sequentail Tail Lights, Magnaflow Free-Flo Cats W/Exhaust, Homelink Self Dimming Rear Veiw Mirror W/ Garage Door Opener, Compass & Temp, Eclipse AVN 5510 Head Unit W/ Nav, Chrome BBK Plenum Cover and various Dress-up Items.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoStang View Post
To be honest. I would dump the Shaker 500 with chrome or no chrome and buy a new head unit w/nav. The Eclipse AVN 5500 or 6600 are great units. A real good touch to the inside of the Stang.
I still firmly believe that spending money on a head unit will give you the least bang for the buck. Take the money you would spend on a top of the line head until and put it toward a new outboard amp and new speakers....and the difference will be unreal. Unless you want a bunch of bells and whistles the stock head unit is fine when used in unison with an upgraded amp and speakers.

The stock system is better than most stock systems anyway in my opinion.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008 Thread Starter

It's Fixed

The radio is now working properly. Aparently it had to be programed by a dealer after it was installed, something the Collision shop did not know.
Rookie

Similar Shaker issue

I have a similar issue... I've got an '07 convertable with a a Shaker 500. Everything was working fine until I replaced the battery now it seems the menu is different.
- No Speed vol option at all. Was there before
- I have an option that displays the call numbers of the radio stations I'm listening to (this could have been there before just never noticed it)
- The lights on the buttons don't work
- And when I hit the Aux button it says No Aux Available (or something like that) That was working before with my IPOD

Anybody have any ideas??? I would rather not take it back to any dealership if necessary...

I did check the fuses under the hood... Didn't look at any fuses inside yet..

thanx all

Last edited by skygremlin; 04-30-2008 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added more description
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page