Who has the Hardest hitting system in a 94-98 stang? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

When I had my 95 Cobra it came with three 10 inch audiobahn flame Q's and two 1200 watt audibahn amps. It hit harder than anything I have ever heard. I took it to a stereo comp and it hit 145 before it blew the back window out of the car. I know it would hit more but when you loose your back window the noise then has somewhere else to go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member

I competed IASCA with my old 94 and DB Drag when it first started years ago. And before you ask... Yes it can fit in a mustang. Alpine CDA-7939 headunit to 2 Audio Control EQT's into a Precision Power PC4100 4 channel powering 4" mids and tweets in fiberglass kicks and 2 6" mids in each door also redone in glass. Nothing for rear fill, had plenty in a front stage to not need it. I needed all the room i could muster in the trunk and rear deck for the (2) 1.5 cft enclosures that were housing 3 JL Audio 10W6 each for a total of 6 subs. A combination of MDF and a @!$% load of fiberglass was needed to squeeze every square inch I could for proper airspace. The subs were powered by 2 Precision Power PC 2350's sending a CLEAN 1400 watts to each trio of subs. The juice needed to power all of it was provided by a Powermaster alternater feeding two Optima Yellowtops. It scored consistant 38's and 39's on the RTA and banged out 148 db's all day long. Not just in bursts. Its highest burp was in El Paso TX at a Thunder on Wheels event where it hit 151 with the mic on a jig at head level in the passenger seat. It would gain 2db's at the windshield. That was with music also, not some crappy bass cd or tone generator they like to use these days. This was a true competition system, that had the ability to drive your skull through the windshield but sound absolutely great while doing it... The car was sold back in 2000 for 15,000 with the system. I'm just trying to keep my 02 GT light now.... I caught speed bug instead, but still appreciate the sound of a good system. In the process now of building an enclosre for a single 12" Premier SPL 2000 powered by a JL 1000/1. Gonna dig up some pics of the 94 and try to scan them in....

Rookie

Cool *Four Tens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadmaster
153? Well he szaid 4 12's in his trunk, first there is no room for 4 12 or even 10s for that matter and even if there was your box would be way to small even highly ported to have enough air for it to sound remotly decent. plus 153 isn't really that much to brag about. I have a single 10" in my trunk and i am making 137. Running on 1000 watts alone. all for under 500 bucks. But hey if you can get 4 12's and 153 db out of it good for you.
****************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^******************* *
Hello,
I've seen "4/RockFord 10"/Flat Piston Subs w/2/PPI amps in Car Audio & Electronics in a 1994/Mustang GT..owned by Matt McConnell from Sound Insights in Florida in the Trunk!,FiberGlass and all.Beautiful Install execution,to me.The car was Yellow w/Red Tear Away Flames in the front.
Tremendous amount of time with Matt and 2 other installers went into the system.Take Care.
Regards,
*[Tinkker]*

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Had 6 JL 10W6's with half a cubic ft per sub sealed. took the whole trunk but fit fine.... fiberglass is a wonderful thing
Rookie

Cool *System*

Hi Stork,
That's definately a tight fit! With my '89/Hatchback,I have to give up the total rear seat section to the Installer,Doug Dobson of Michigan,to be able to fit all the Gear in the car .
He said to try and fit everything to look nice w/the rear seats in place is next to impossible.So out they're going.
Going to use heavy gauge steel box tubing welded to the floor to support the Install.
It will be custom........I can't wait 'til it's done .
Take Care,
*[Tinkker]*
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to VP_96COBRA Send a message via MSN to VP_96COBRA
Talking Re: Hardest hitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceBurner
Who has the Hardest hitting system in a 94-98 stang? Mine peaks at 153 db but i was just wondering if anyone has/knows anyone that can beat that. And what amps/subs are they useing?
my stereo hit 175.3 dB last time we measured before it was broken in hehe.. i have 4 tweeter, 4 6x9's, 4 5x7's, 2 12" subs, 1 1000w amp for the highs, 1 2000w for the lows.. i love it!:thumbsup :walksmile

1996 Cobra stock.......................ISH
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Some of these stories belong in the kill section. With all the bull there, most of this stuff should blend right in.

Blade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page