Active Anti-Theft Alarm Question, 2008 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008 Thread Starter

Active Anti-Theft Alarm Question, 2008 Mustang GT

OK, I'm an old dude, and will soon buy a 2008 GT. I have a question about the alarm system:

Ford offers an optional "Active Anti-Theft" system. What's the difference between that $325 system and the standard SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

From the owner's manual:

The active anti-theft system is designed to warn you on the event of an unauthorized entry to your vehicle and is also designed to prevent the unwanted towing of the vehicle.

When the vehicle is locked and armed, the active anti-theft system monitors the following:
Doors
Hood
Trunk
Movement inside the vehicle
Change in vehicle inclination
Note: the active anti-theft system includes a motion detection system which monitors the passenger cabin and a vehicle incline sensor which detects changes in the vehicle attitude.

There are a couple more paragraphs explaining and cautioning about the system. My car has it and I have only had it go off once when I didn't set the emergency brake firmly enough and the car rolled down the driveway about 15 feet to the street gutter, no damage. Pressing the remote to lock automatically turns the system on when all doors, windows, hood and trunk are closed.

And, gearhead, I was born and raised in Sugarland, still have family there, too.

Frank

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Brembos, Auto, GT500 Axlebacks.

SOLD! 2008 GT Premium, Vapor Metallic, 5-speed stick w/MGW, Ford Racing M6066 Whipple S/C, 3.31 gear, GTA's. GT500 front end, spoiler, suspension and wheels. Sequentials and one touch. - can't wipe the smile off my face.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008
Apprentice

I have the Active Anti-Theft im my Mustang. I didn't know it did all that. Pretty Cool. Sounds like a worth while upgrade.

2006 Mustang GT, 76mm Turbo Kit, Diablo Mafia, 3:73 Gears, Flowmaster Mufflers, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Struts, Upper Strut Mounts, X5 Balljoints, Bumpsteer Kit, Eibach Sway Bar Kit, Edelbrock Panhard Bar, Foose Nitrous Wheels, GT500 Wing, CDC Chin Spoiler, CDC Blackout, SOS Pillar Pod, Auto Meter Sport Comp II gauges, Steeda Billet Lower Control Arms, Steeda Adjustable Upper Link, Spydershaft Aluminum DS, BMR Safety Loop.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

lol, I had the windows down and "locked it" with the remote at the dealer, they placed their hand somehow inside enough that the alarm went off, scared the crud out of him!!

Can life get any better????
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008

Un sure

My wifes 08 Mustang with the Passive alarm was broken into, theif pried out the rear side window then reached in to pop the lock button up. We have security camers and it showed him spendint 4 minutes with his arm in the window trying to unlock the door and the alarm didn't go off until he opened the door. I have a friend who has worked for a Ford dealer for years, I had hime check into the alarm system to see if the sensitivity could be set higher. He said he found out that it isn't a motion sensor but a sound sensor set to trigger to sounds like someone sitting in the seats and other unususl sounds.

He is looking further into it and will get me wiging diagrams and all the info on the alarm system.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to nicky chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by white angel View Post
lol, I had the windows down and "locked it" with the remote at the dealer, they placed their hand somehow inside enough that the alarm went off, scared the crud out of him!!
I did something similar when I first got my car. The windows were down, and for some reason I armed the alarm. I put my hand through the window to point at something and it went off.

2008 GT Coupe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to gunz4me
For the active system, aren't the motion sensors in the overhead console? I noticed that my overhead console had some weird looking sensors in it, but I purchased my car used, so I haven't the slightest clue as to how it originally came equipped or what add-ons that prior owner purchased.

Maybe I will buy a 2016 Mustang GT, maybe not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page