anyone know how to remove door panel on 2004 mustang? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008 Thread Starter

Exclamation anyone know how to remove door panel on 2004 mustang?

hi, im lauren.
i just got my ride in march, new to this stuff.
i have a 2004 red mustang.
one of my speakers are busted, and i need to remove the panel to see what size the speakers are so i can buy new ones.
can anyone help a new member out?
i would apperciate it alot
<3lauren.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

all four of your speakers are are 6x8s if its a standard coupe. if you have a convertible with the mach system, then your rear speakers are 6.5s. other than that, theyre all 6x8, but you can also fit a 5x7 in there as well.

to remove the panel, you need to just pop off the trim that has the window and door lock switches in it...large plastic one going all the way down to the grab handle. you'll see an indention in the plastic to get a flat head screwdriver...just wrap it with some electrical tape so it doesnt scratch the plastic. there are a couple of phillips head screws behind there.

to the left of the speaker grill on the edge of the panel, there is a plastic push pin. that pulls out...careful, its kind of tough to remove if you dont have a panel popper type of tool....just work it out. (if you have the mach system, you will need to remove the tweeter cover at the top and there is philips screw back there....removing this makes it easier to get the panel off.)

after that just pull the panel up and off....its got these plastic hooks that hold it on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page