I Need help with speaker problem, 1994 Mustang V6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member

I Need help with speaker problem, 1994 Mustang V6

Ok, I just recently put in two 6X9's for my 94 mustang, i think the original ones are 5X8 but the 6X9 still fit with my modifications.
But when i bought the car the left side front and rear speakers are REALLY faint. I can turn the fade or whatever all the way to the left side and turn the volume up to 15 when i can get the same power from the only right side by only going to like 3 or 4......So i'm trying to figure out why they are so weak. Will i need to just strip the wires, get new ones and what not?,....im planing on buying new 5X8s for my door panels. But not until i figure what is going on. I'm also planning on buying two 12 inch subs and a really good amp, with an enclosure or box for my 94.....if anyone has any ideas on whats up with the speakers or any good place i can get a good amp and subs..plz help
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008
Rookie
V6 Member

A good place to look for car audio is Crutchfield.com. You can put in your vehicle information and will give you a list of stuff that is compatible. They also have some pretty decent prices.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member

yea my dad told me about Crutchfield.....thats where he gets his stuff

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008
Rookie
V6 Member

yeah i always go there to look at wat I like. I havent bought anything from them ye, but it shows me wat I can get. I do have a small system though.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008
V6 Member

hey...i have a 94 mustang 2...

i installed 6x9's in the rear ... cut out the holes myself and installed and ran the wiring myself....sounds awesum....ran it under the carper and under the center consol (past the e-brake and box/holder thing).......i installed a 12' kicker CVR in a custom box with a 1100 watt amp ... all wired myself...all upgraded wiring....pumps like a mutha.......

but anyways..

do the speakers sound like they are blown at all?....do u have an aftermarker head unit (cd player/mp3 player....)???.....u could have the wiring backwards?....posotive wire to the negative terminal.........negative wire to posotive terminal...that could mess up ur speaker in time ......
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member

well when i bought it ...it sounded like that...and no they arent blown...so im thinking its the wiring too....but yea it has an aftermarket cd/mp3 player in it....and imaguess thats what prolly happened.....ill have to wait a week til im out of school and take more time to look at it thoroughly ...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008
V6 Member

ya im guessing that the person that had it before u installed it himself then cuz i wouldnt think that a professiona installation would leave it like that....and u should check to see if he used new wiring or just tapped into the old wiring......i ran new wiring so i know where the wires go through the car....u might have some trouble following urs....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member

yea ..well when i look into my subs and amp ima have to reqire everything cause ima prolly get 5x8s for the door panels....or whatever....so ill jsut buy new wiring too....hopefully thatll fix it...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

just FYI, theyre 6x8s that are in there, not 5x8s.

a common issue is there could be a factory amp in there causing the problem. if you pull out the radio, what types of plugs are there? if you have a flat gray one, thats your power wires (12+, ign, ground, etc.). if you have a 2nd black one that is flat, exactly like the gray one, then you dont have a factory amp, and its a problem with the deck. BUT, if you have anything that looks different from a long flat one, then you have a factory amp.

the factory amp should be located on the transmission hump directly below the radio. you can usually remove the lower radio (or pocket if yours didnt come with a cd player) and see a silver amp with a heat sink. remove the larger harness from it and that goes directly to the speakers. this harness should fit into that amp plug. Ford/Mazda Receiver Wire Harness For select models with factory amplifier at Crutchfield.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page