2005+ Mustang Stereo - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

2005+ Mustang Stereo

I am considering tearing out the Shaker500 stereo from my 06 Mustang, and installing my own setup. Anyone know what speakers are in the car? Just from first glance it appears there may be 6.5" or 8" in the doors along with possibly a 4" tweeter. And I was guessing 6x9"s in the deck lid. Also, anyone know where they hide the amp for the Shaker500 system?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to gunz4me
6x8s in the doors and the rear deck with 8" subwoofers in lower part of the doors. The front doors have a Mach plate that consists of a tweeter and a mid component that fits in that 6x8" hole.

I replaced my door and deck speakers with some Infinity Kappa 682.7 CF 6x8s. Everyone I spoke with said they would not fit, and the only thing required was to bend one of the screw hole tabs up and find a place to mount the crossover. It took me all of 2 minutes to do that! NOW, if you want to run your own wires to the doors instead of using the existing wires, I wish you lots of luck because the existing door harness is a royal pain to try to squeeze wires through.

To complete Phase 1 of my system upgrade, I also replaced my Skipper 500 deck with an Alpine CDA-9885. If you wish to retain the factory amps and 8" subwoofers, I highly recommend getting a 5V voltage regulator from Radio Shack (Model #7805, Catalog number 276-1770) to eliminate the turn on thump. If you are replacing the door subs and adding another amp, disregard that comment.

Now I am on phase 2 of my upgrade. I purchased a Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 to Life amp and I am about to order a 12" Kicker solobaric subwoofer to put in the trunk. When all is said and done, I will have a true "Shaker 1000" system for less than what that costs as a factory option. I am also going to set my subwoofer up so that it can be removed, if need be (i.e. to change a flat, go on a trip, run down the track, etc.).

Maybe I will buy a 2016 Mustang GT, maybe not...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Thanks for the info. And yes I am going to run all my own new wiring. I am going to replace all the speakers with Oz Audio speakers, and replace the amp with an true class D 1000 watt amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page