Replacing head unit in 2000 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008 Thread Starter

Replacing head unit in 2000 Mustang GT

I have a 2000 GT and I am having a terrible time figuring out how to install a new head unit. When I first bought it I had wires all spliced up in the back but the system was working. I wanted to add my own amp to run a sub box which I later figured out that I had to connect the line out converter to my high frequecy connectors. Any way it was working fine until I kept hearing the rear speakers even when the car was turned off, which later resulted in my battery going dead. Well needless to say I just disconnected both my amps and removed the factory head unit all together. I noticed that none of the wires that are connected to the head unit are speaker wires, they are ground, 12V and a bunch of other wires I am not sure what they are. All I want to do is be able to hook up a new HU and it's becoming a pain. Can someone please help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Here's a link to the wiring diagram for you car. Hope this helps.

2002 ford mustang stereo wiring diagram

2002 GT Convertible-Sonic Blue
BBK air intake/Flowmaster exhaust/X-pipe/
3.73 Gears/Eibach Sport Springs/
"Superchipped"/Granatelli Underdrive pullies /75mm ported stock plenum&TB....More to come.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008 Thread Starter

Thanks this should help, but I have about three extra wires. I guess I have three different settings for turning on the radio when the car starts. Are these important or do I just need the one 12v wire hooked up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page