hook sirius radio directly to stereo 2005 mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

hook sirius radio directly to stereo 2005 mustang

i want to hook sirius dirctly through the stereo and control sirius through the stereo can it be done and if so how?

2005 MUSTANG GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I don't think you can with that head unit.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If your radio has the little Sirius symbol on it or it says in the owners manual that it is Sirius ready then you should be able to buy the direct unit and do that. But if stlwagon is right(and he most likely is) then you will need to buy an aftermarket head unit with the controls built in and then get the direct kit or buy a universal fm modulated unit that suction cups to your windshield(can also be put in a cupholder or vent as well).

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008
Apprentice
V6 Member

i would recommend if you go that route to use the vent because you can then use the vent as a wire chase so you don't have ugly wires running all over your car.

i installed a head unit controlled system in my wifes car (08 mazda 3) and it wasn't to hard. if your head unit is designed for it you should be able to do it fairly easy.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008
jh0
Rookie

Sirius Wired FM Relay

You could try this:

Sirius Wired FM Relay Retail Package
Amazon.com: Sirius Wired FM Relay Retail Package: Electronics

What's in the Box
Direct FM adapter, plugs and wires, user's manual.

Product Description
The Sirius FM Direct Adapter is a great way to enjoy the best sound quality on your car's FM radio. This device plugs your Sirius Radio directly into your car's stereo to eliminate the need to search for unused FM frequencies. Enjoy your favorite Sirius Satellite Radio channels without static or interference.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008
Rookie

does anyone know if the Sirius FM relay works with a mustang at all? it says "The FM adapter, which works with all Sirius plug 'n' play and personal radios, includes plugs and wires for most installations, although antenna adapters may be required for select car stereos."

any idea if it will work for a 2005 shaker 500? also with a Sirius sportster 5?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page