in door subs worth it? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member

in door subs worth it?

ok
i went to my local Car Tunes and put a $200 down payment (since you cant make payments...only layaway) on a $1000 system....
im not even dead set on that..cause if i change my mind after puttin all the money in i can just switch systems...and bla bla...anyways..........
i was wonderin since i saw another thread about um....would in-door subs like 6 1/2" subs be worth it...for the extra BOOM....if im already gettin 2 12's in the back would two 6 1/2's b worth it in the front doors?
anyone have them?
thaks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I don't suggest it since you'll get no midrange or highs from them. I think you only have rear deck speakers then right? You'll have no mids or highs(at least up front) and won't sound very good. Go with coaxials for the doors or even better components and then you can put the tweeters wherever you like-just buy high quality ones like Infinity Kappa, Polk, or JL.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member

what u mean rear deck and no front?
i have in-door speakers but my left side is off:\ the left side speakers dont work very well...not nearly as loud as right..but i have aftermarket 6x9's in the rear and need to get new speakers for the door panels....
but yea

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member

u cant get subs and not get speakers or tweeters cus then u cant hear the actual talking just boom boom booooommmm
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008
Apprentice

Guys, I believe he was talking about subs in the doors in addition to the midrange. If this is the case, then hell yes it would be worth it, but it won't come cheap if it's done properly. If you run the subs like a three way component set, your front stage will sound awesome and your imaging will be WAY better. You'll barely be able to tell the bass is coming from the rear of the car... IF its set up right.

94 blacked out gt- sold.

2009 GT Premium Performance White- just some Flowmasters and a JLT for now.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008
Apprentice

subs in the door? mid-bass would be more like it, not a subwoofer. you can never attain good, deep, precise and clean sounding bass from a 6", even if there's a dozen of 'em. and the doors dont offer the right environment for a sub. for subs, bigger is better

'96 V6 M/T...stock motor, modified driver!

It's not what you drive; it's how you arrive!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008
Apprentice

This is true. You can't get good deep bass out of a 6", but if it's crossed over correctly it would sound great. Get a passive crossover and keep the speaker in its sweet spot. I guess it would be more of a midbass. Don't let it play below 50hz or over 175hz, and should sound great.

94 blacked out gt- sold.

2009 GT Premium Performance White- just some Flowmasters and a JLT for now.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
4.6L Member

it would definatly add some boom boom id say go for it
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I'd say its a waste of time, low frequency signals such as bass are directionless, unless they are really overpowering everything else you can't tell where its coming from. I did like it says above, 2 10's in the back, good speakers all around, and added the kick panel in the front sides by the bottom with good mids and tweeters, Not too happy with my subs, cuz my amp sucks, but the clarity is awesome, at 90mph with the windows down, you can hear everything from the stereo crystal clear, highs, lows, mids, and no wind noise.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
S197 Member

If your just going for big bass, everyone else is right about the 6" speakers. Your not going to get it from them. It will give you great sound quality and imaging, but not thunderous bass. I wouldn't spend the money for the door woofers. You could get way more bass for a lot cheper by putting bigger woofers in the trunk (assuming your going for SPL over SQ)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page