Axxess Media Adapter (More than just Ipod) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008 Thread Starter

Axxess Media Adapter (More than just Ipod)

Has anyone heard of or tried the adapter unit from Axxess Digital Interface?

The adapter looks promising, as it allows you to add Ipod functions to your OE radio, as well as add RCA inputs to it, or HD radio inputs (only 2 of the 3 though...still not bad)

I've found a lot of people using it on G6's and it works well so I bought one for my wife so she could use her MP3 player in her car (2005 G6 GT).

They claim it works in Mustangs 2005 and up.

After I install in her car (and it works) I might go ahead and buy the adapter harness and try in it my '08 and see if it does work...if so I can buy another unit and have my own (more interested in the HD radio myself, but having an Ipod connecter/interface would be nice)

Here is the website for the product
http://www.axxessinterface.com/

For her G6 it cost around $135 (unit+GM harness+RCA) The place I ordered from was out of ipod adapters right now, but that would be another $29.99...everything would be the same price for the mustang (unless I went with HD radio which is a bit more)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to gunz4me
I guess if you are satisfied with the factory radio, you could go that route.

Prior to the Mustang, I had a Honda with the friggin AC controls built into the head unit and was pointed to this site by the members of mp3car.com: LOGJAM ELECTRONICS.COM

Logjam has some nice items too if you are looking to stick with the factory HU.

Maybe I will buy a 2016 Mustang GT, maybe not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page