Help with speaker noise issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

Help with speaker noise issue

I just installed an aftermarket head unit and everything works fine except for 1 issue. Everytime the brake pedal is depressed or released there is a click that comes through the speakers. I used a metra wire harness from Cruchfield that matched up great. It's not as noticeable when the volume isturn up. Any suggestion to fix the issue. I know that i read something like this somewhere but i have no idea where. Any help is appreciated.

2006 V6 Automatic Convertible
Windveil Blue, Black vinyl top, Katzkin Leather Ice Grey Wrap / Cadet Blue Insert, Blue Optix Footwell Light Pods, Custom painted radio surround (WVB), Hibiscus Flower Dash Knobs, MGW Running Pony Power Outlet Plug & Seat Lever Buckels, Automatic Trans Bezel & Handle Covers, Mirror Bezel & Knob Cover, Headlight Knob Cover, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Custom License Plate & Frame
Under the Hood: Strickly Stock for Now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Every now and then you will come across a factory ground that isn't so great. Pull the deck out and find a good metal bracket to attach the aftermarket ground to. Most of the time this will fix the problem. But if the "click" persists, have a good car audio shop go over the wiring.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks Storkdork,

I'll give that a try.

2006 V6 Automatic Convertible
Windveil Blue, Black vinyl top, Katzkin Leather Ice Grey Wrap / Cadet Blue Insert, Blue Optix Footwell Light Pods, Custom painted radio surround (WVB), Hibiscus Flower Dash Knobs, MGW Running Pony Power Outlet Plug & Seat Lever Buckels, Automatic Trans Bezel & Handle Covers, Mirror Bezel & Knob Cover, Headlight Knob Cover, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket, Custom License Plate & Frame
Under the Hood: Strickly Stock for Now

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008
4.6L Member

did that work for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page