2001 Mustang factory stereo wiring - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

Exclamation 2001 Mustang factory stereo wiring

Hi everyone i have an 01 Mustang and im trying to wire in a Sub the the Factory Stereo. I have the Rca Jacks that split to Wire Cause the stereo does not have Rca in the back..
ok so i wired in the RCA to My rear speakers
LR (+) Grey/Light Blue
LR (-) Tan/Yellow
RR (+) Orange/Red
RR (-) Brown/Pink
Now when i place the RCA's into the Amp for the Sub and i get nothing but Bass thats Just going Boom boom boom boom not hitting to the music just a steady Boom. i Feel that it may have something to do with the other Stock amps that are wired in. Can anyone Help Please

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Welcome... Let's see what help we can find in here.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
Apprentice
V6 Member

yes it does. i dont think that you can wire the rca's to the speakers. the rca wire is a signal wire and you should be able to purchace and adapter that will allow you to make the stock deck send a signal to the amp. the signal comes from the deck and then the amp filters the low frequence to the subs. Or if to the mids and highs if you have your amp set on high pass, but make sure that it is set to low pass so you get your bass sound. any other ideas from anyone else?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008

You do not want to wire an RCA to a speaker lead for a subwoofer. What you need is a Line Output Convertor (L.O.C.). It takes the signal from your speaker and converts it to a low level output for the sub amplifier. Also, when you install this you would want to put it behind the radio. The bass from the subwoofers would cause your rear speakers to move some, so if you tie the l.o.c. into those you will get some unwanted distortion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page