Still having problems with factory alarm, 2007 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Still having problems with factory alarm, 2007 Mustang GT

The alarm on my 2007 GT is acting up. I keep it in a garage and so I never lock it. When I open a door, the alarm goes off after the car has been setting a while. Today I was cleaning it and had the drivers door open, and opened the passenger door and it went off. Then I opened the hood (with both doors open) and it went off again. It has gotten to the point I cringe every time I open a door because I don't know if the alarm will go off.

The dealer said they can't fix it unless they can duplicate the problem, which of course it didn't do it when I took it in.

Does anyone know of a fix or how to completely disable the stupid thing?

2007 Mustang GT
Windveil Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008
PONY Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

ok i had this happen to me , when i just got my car to , it was a bad ground, but to turn it of when you dont want it on like when ypu are cleaning her . you know the light that flashes blue , when its on? well the should be on this black pice and on the back there is a butten ,push it down for about 15 sec , till it is a solid blue light . do the same to turn it back on

mustang v6, s&b intake, with painted cover flowmaster, 16x7 in front 17x9 in back,with 2 inch drop in the front, costume paint on rims, black grill, with gt fog lights with angel lights, and running mustang, smoked headlights, with headlight splitters, smoked out turning lights, racing stripes, blackout trunk kit, all new audio system, 4 jl audio 5x7 speakers front and back 2 jl 12 inch w6v2 with 2 jl 500/1 amps and pa system 1967 mustang working on
-----------
one act of kindness at a time
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
The active anti-theft is a wonderful system but is very tempermental. Mine kept going off because the tilt sensors sensed that my car was moving from side to side when i was on a ferry and the alarm kept going off!!! So i discovered by poping the trunk it de-activates the tilt sensors.

And if you don't want the system to go off, then there is one fool proof way to have it not go off. Click the Unlock on the fob and open the driver's exterior door handle like you normally would. The system re-activates itself after 30 seconds so be careful not to take too long.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
And if you don't want the system to go off, then there is one fool proof way to have it not go off. Click the Unlock on the fob and open the driver's exterior door handle like you normally would. The system re-activates itself after 30 seconds so be careful not to take too long.
That's what I have been doing, but when working on the car it apparently rearms itself even if I have a door open and then it goes off again when I open the other door.

2007 Mustang GT
Windveil Blue
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014
Rookie

Alarm malfunction

Does anyone have an update on this problem?

I have a 2008 Mustang Convertible w/49,000 mi. It's decided to start setting the alarm off by itself last week. I park in the same spot in the driveway as always, or at work, anywhere. After about 5 minutes it sets itself off. I reset it and can keep playing this game all day with it. So now I don't lock the car. I have recently replaced the battery, changed key fobs but no difference. If I hit the lock button inside next to the handle same problem. Hot or Cold doesn't matter.
Thanks,
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page