Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Alarms (/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/)
-   -   What Bitrate for CDs (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/142671-what-bitrate-cds.html)

grabborange 11-12-2008 09:59 PM

What Bitrate for CDs

When I create audio CDs primarily for the cat I usually use 128 bitrate. This seems to be fine with the Shaker 500 as I don't notice any change in quality when using a higher bitrate. Can you audio experts let me know if this is OK or if a higher bitrate has advantages.

racin366 11-12-2008 10:23 PM

The higher the bitrate the more clarity you will have, especially at high volume levels, it compresses the format less so there is more accurate data, I usually use 320, but depending on the source, sometimes I can't hear a difference and sometimes there is a huge difference.

Storkdork 11-13-2008 06:01 PM

I agree... but with the factory shaker system, you wont notice a difference. A well installed high end system will detect the loss of high and low extreme frequencies due to compression but with a factory system you will be fine with 128.

gunz4me 11-15-2008 05:05 PM

He is lucky that his Shaker HU even plays MP3 CDs. I was on unit #3 under warranty, and now my Skipper 500 is taking up closet space! Not only did it suck at playing MP3 CDs, it also sucked at playing normal, store purchased CDs!