Recommendations on a subwoofer box for a 1995 Mustang convertible? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008 Thread Starter

Cool Recommendations on a subwoofer box for a 1995 Mustang convertible?

Hey guys, I am fairly new to this website but I must say that I enjoy it very much. I've never seen so many mustang fans.It feels like I died and went to heaven. However I am in a bit of a pickle and hoped you guys could help. I am in the market to buy a subwoofer for a JL audio W7 10" woofer. I want to get one that would fit the trunk and possibly look unconspicuous. I know that there are a few companies that pre-mold the woofer box to the trunk but I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I could get one? I am also in the market for a top of the line alarm. They broke into my car and stole my old system. (I was pissed) So I am trying to get the top of the line. I heard that there are alarms with GSM cards so that they could call you when someone is breaking in. Has anyone heard of this alarm and if you have, do you recommend it? Last but not least I am in the market to purchase a pioneer avic-n4 or a avic-z3, or a clarion vrx785BT. Anyone recommend one over the other. Thank you guys soooooo much. I really .....really appreciate any input. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008
PONY Member
2.3L Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to mustangmadman33
first of all i also have a 95 mustang convertible and if you want to put subs in it your going to going to want to get a downward firing box. trust be i used to be heavily into car audio and nothing sounds better in our cars than a downward firing box. now i know there is a company that makes them but off the top of my head im not sure who it is. as far as an alarm goes i have a omega alarm with the echo two way pager remote. it works amazinly well and alerts you if something is going on. they also make a module for it that is a motion senser that sets off the alarm if your top is down and someone reaches in. i highly recomend them.

95 teal gt 5 speed-edelbrock perfromer rpm heads, tmoss ported lower gt40, 95 cobra upper, crane 2031,70mm bbk tb, strange 10way's, jandm upper/lower control arms, ac/smog/egr delete ffrp z spec t5,centerfore dual friction clutch, BBK equal length shorties, bbk off road h pipe, Hurst short throw, 3.73, ffrp c springs,dynomax side exhaust, 26 x 10.5R16 mickeythompson et street radials 13.2 at 104.5mph with a 2.0 60' without tune.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008

Cool. I never heard of a downfiring subwoofer box. Won't the Carpet dampen the sound or maybe its another type of downfiring box. If you happen to know of any websites that showcase these boxes I would appreciate it. I'll start looking into the alarm.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008
Apprentice

i know this thread is old but i have a nice little design for a single 10"
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...c3k101/box.png
i think its 1.2ft^[email protected] u need to put a 4" aero port and make it 16" long and port on the right side by the sub
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008
Apprentice

i also have another for 2 8" subs and another for a single 10"
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008

Talking Cool Deal....

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and bought a similar box that you recomended. It has a port on the side where the woofer is located. Now my only question....should I face the woofer towards the cabin or towards the rear of the car? Which sounds better and which one dosen't rattle. Thanks for all the help!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008
Apprentice

trial and error. but sub back generally has better output
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009

Not a happy camper. Looks like my subwoofer box could not fit in the trunk of my convertible. Damn. I may have to buy another box for it. Is anyone interested in a brand new 10" JL audio subwoofer box made to specs? $99 and its yours!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzero21 View Post
Not a happy camper. Looks like my subwoofer box could not fit in the trunk of my convertible. Damn. I may have to buy another box for it. Is anyone interested in a brand new 10" JL audio subwoofer box made to specs? $99 and its yours!
should have went with my design :p
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to influenze
did you remove the black trim and trunk lid latch on the bottom of the trunk before trying to put the box in? i have a 94 vert and have a box with 2 twelves in the trunk, but to make it fit you must remove the bottom latch and black trim

94' vert with polished bomz cai, magnaflow high flow catted x-pipe, flowmaster series 40's, msd blaster coil, 3:73's, 5 speed manual, yellow top optima battery juicing up the stereo system and more hp coming soon!

Oh yeah, removed all of the trim and latch and still nothing. A few more inches off of the box and I think I would have been able to fit it but wasn't the case. Any suggestions?
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to influenze
oh yeah, take the spare tire out of the trunk floor as well

94' vert with polished bomz cai, magnaflow high flow catted x-pipe, flowmaster series 40's, msd blaster coil, 3:73's, 5 speed manual, yellow top optima battery juicing up the stereo system and more hp coming soon!
S197 Member

Sub Box

Hey everyone i just joined this site and checking things out. I saw your post and me and my stang buddies orderd our custom boxes from Autosoundandstyle.com , 5 of us have ordered them and they all fit in our trunks and sound great. They even have full trunk enclosures that my buddie dave got it looks outstanding.

Hope this helps!:shiny:
S197 Member

Car Alarm

Hey also i have a skyteck alarm in my car will page when get broken in to. It also has a hidden camera that takes a picture of the thief and sends it to your pager. With all the sensors it cost me about 400$. I installed it myself it absolutley sucked so i would suggest paying for the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in