'01 gt 6-disc cd changer not working - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Wink '01 gt 6-disc cd changer not working

Hello. I'm somewhat new here. My 6-disc CD changer has not worked in about 14 months and I am just now getting around to diagnosing the issue. I have disconnected the neg cable from the battery and let it sit overnight in hopes of resetting the CD player, leading to usability. Unfortunately, the player did reset, read "initializing" yet still would not operate CDs. Other electrical features still work. It loads and ejects CDs just fine, but the error message "bad disc" will typically occur after a few minutes of attempting to play a disc. Any ideas? I was thinking perhaps of uninstalling it and trying to clean the laser eye. Thanks for any help. Love the site!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008
Rookie
4.6L Member

I got the same issue...

My 01' Saleen's six-disc didn't work either... the only suggestions I got so far is to just replace it with an aftermarket like Alpine or something... Be careful who you get to do the work, use a professional, because the Mach systems require some sort of damper on the bass if you do subs and amp...

2001 Saleen S/C Coupe
#677 Mineral Grey
Power in the hands of a few
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member

I got the Disc Error yesterday and I read up on it a bit. Have it Attempt to load a disc. Starting from Disc 6 Hit load and 6 but don't give it a disc. When it is done and waiting for a disc go to Disc 5 and so on all to disc 1. You may have to do this procedure 1 or 2 times more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page