iSimple connection? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Question iSimple connection?

Hey guy's. I picked up my mustang a few days ago. I have been experimenting with playing burned CD's over the 6 disc changer on the Shaker 500. It's no surprise that it does not like them. I was looking into the aux adapters like the P.I.E. and iSimple. I think I am going to buy the iSimple. I have looked at the aux adapter sticky in this forum, and I saw that the guy had his iPod sitting right on the console. How hard would it be to run the connection cable from an iSimple, or P.I.E., into the glovebox or center console storage compartment? I just don't want my iPod and wires running around. Also, does anyone have any comments on if the P.I.E. would be better than iSimple? Or the other way around?

On the subject of audio, I have one more question. I am not familiar with the Shaker 500, or the subwoofers in the door. Would the Shaker 500 be able to power 2 aftermarket 8" Kicker subwoofers in the doors? Or would I need to buy an amp for that?

Thanks,
Adam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009
ModsStang

Welcome to AFM!

Well, I really have nothing of value to add ... but I have the 1000 and it reads burned CDs no problem, in fact - never had a problem (knock on wood)... could it be your burn settings? Or this is a well known fact for the shaker 500's?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

I know that reading burned CD's generally don't read as well in CD players. I have been messing around with the burn settings. 8x seems to work pretty good. Can't try burning mp3's....Apple/iTunes ...But I am still having trouble getting some burned CD's to work.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I dont know too much about the P.I.E. piesce, but i don know that we sold the iSimple @ my work and we sent them all back(about 20 units). all the ones we tried on new vehicles the radios would not respond to the functions it was supposed to do. so my .02 is dont try the iSimple piece i was not too impressed w/ it al all.

95 GT/CAI/BBK SHORTYs/ O/R H-PIPE/FLOWMASTERS NO CATs/SHORT THROW SHIFTER/SPEC STAGE 1/ALUMINUM D.S./FORD RACING 9.0MM WIRES/MSD CAP &ROTOR/MSD COIL/3.73's/UDPs/WELDED ON SUB-FRAME CONNECTORS/UPR CC PLATES/YOKOHOMA AVS TIRES/LOWERED/CLIFFORD ARROW 5.1 ALARM W/KEYLESS/SOLD
87 GT Vert. SOLD!!
01 GT Auto- Tinted Windows/CAI/78mm TB/Intake Spacer/Accel COPs/PYPES Cat-Back/Lowered 1.5"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks, I might do some more review reading on the iSimple's. I keep leaning more toward an aftermarket radio. I just love the look of the stock radio. My F-150 has a Pioneer system in it and I hate the way to blue looks with all the green other things. I might be picky, but I think stock looks better. I did see a pioneer touchscreen system that could be turned green though!

Anymore input would be great.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaV6 View Post
Hey guy's. I picked up my mustang a few days ago. I have been experimenting with playing burned CD's over the 6 disc changer on the Shaker 500. It's no surprise that it does not like them. I was looking into the aux adapters like the P.I.E. and iSimple. I think I am going to buy the iSimple. I have looked at the aux adapter sticky in this forum, and I saw that the guy had his iPod sitting right on the console. How hard would it be to run the connection cable from an iSimple, or P.I.E., into the glovebox or center console storage compartment? I just don't want my iPod and wires running around. Also, does anyone have any comments on if the P.I.E. would be better than iSimple? Or the other way around?

On the subject of audio, I have one more question. I am not familiar with the Shaker 500, or the subwoofers in the door. Would the Shaker 500 be able to power 2 aftermarket 8" Kicker subwoofers in the doors? Or would I need to buy an amp for that?

Thanks,
Adam.
I had an iSimple put in my mustang a couple of months ago and it works great. I put an ipod bracket in the center of the dash in between the two middle air vents. The cable for the ipod comes out right underneath that center plate on the dash. I just slide the ipod in the holder, and the cord is just long enough to plug into the bottom of the ipod, so its very clean; no cords hanging,and I still get all the visuals from my pod. Another thing I like about the iSimple is that you can control your pod thru your radio, or you can control it from the ipod; and you can switch between these two methods anytime. When you choose to use the full funcionality of the ipod, you can still use the seek buttons to change songs. If you have trouble at first getting this thing to work rightas I did) call the number on the box- the dipswitches are tricky. Don't know anything about the other.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

yeah ive installed a couple of isimples at work on the 05 and up stangs and have not had any problems
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009

Hi,
I have a Ford Mustang GT 06. Do you guys recommend any specific isimple product that will allow control in the Shaker 500? I plan to install my ipod in the glove compartment?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011
Rookie

Question

I like gadgets! It sounds like you did an awesome job with the iPod adapter. I have a question for you. I, like you, want to use/control my iPod with my factory radio, but I also want to use my XM radio too. I have a dock for my iPod and my XM. With the iSimple adapter you have, does it have a 3.5 female adapter for an aditional input? Call me crazy, but I would like to be able to use my factory FM radio, factory CD player, docked iPod, and docked XM radio (of course not all at the same time, but I like options). Thanks a million!

2006 Mustang GT Rousch, Shaker500

http://www.picturetrail.com/c-17driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page