Antenna Delete Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie

Antenna Delete Question

The first thing I noticed when I bought my mustang was the terrible looking antenna on it. I just had to wait and do some research before i go putting holes in my car. If I bought xm or a similiar satellite radio would i be able to remove my antenna and just the leave the base? or would i still need some kind of replacement antenna to get rid of the huge one? THANKS!

clutch to the floor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009
PONY Member

get a shorty 8" ant for americanmuscle they look good and this way you can still your radio if you get tried of xm

2008 mustang gt, vista blue, c.a.i, muffler delets, hid's, and the eleanor grill.

I dont go fast, I go faster....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009
PONY Member

i would go with a 8 inch shorty from american muscle got on 2 weeks ago for $14

bbk udp,bbk x-pipe,afe cai,b&m short throw,excal3 tuner,40s flowmasters,20s shelby torque complete zex wet system150shot,stage 2 hitect cams,TF stage2 heads,410rwhp,eibach pro system plus,frrp 3.73

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks guys ill check it out.

clutch to the floor
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009
4.6L Member

I know how you feel the stock antenna is hideous and I hate the mounting location so a shorty won't work for my personal desires.

GM has a system where the antenna is integrated into the rear windshield similar to the rear window defrosting system. I would love to find an aftermarket version similar to this setup.

I have removed my antenna for now and just have the base attached on the fender. I still pick up the majority of my local radio stations and it's not that big of a deal for me as I don't really listen to the radio that much as it is.

My plan is to find a smaller 6"-8" antenna with a flat mounting surface that I can attach inside the passanger side of the front windshield. This way when I repaint my car I can shave the hole left behind from the base of the factory antenna and give my car the clean exterior look it deserves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
1998 mustang , antella delete , xm radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page