Question about the head unit in 1993 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
2.3L Member

Question about the head unit in 1993 Mustang

Ok i made a post before bout my head unit but this is a diff question lol.. i have a 1993 4banger. there is an amp in it but its under the passenger seat. i was told that whoever had the car before me moved it there cause there usually in the back of the car i guess.

but

if i dont use the amp. if i remove it. would the wiring harnesses work with all the wiring and stuff then?

1993 Mustang LX
2.3L
4% Tint All Around
Pioneer 6" DVD Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009

You trying to talk like me? Now, look, if I unplugged my guitar amp you think the wall socket wires would still work I remove the amp and play in the living room is I bought a bigger amp?

You mean, if I remove something with wires and I make sure I cover the hot side (+) so it does not ground like I laid a screwdriver blade over a battery and now hold the handle is not going to get a shock but the energy is going to glow the driver a nice red if it doesn't blow the battery up first kind of pull the wires off the amp under the seat?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009
Boss Member
2.3L Member

Confused. My 93 Has one under the passenger seat. Car is totally apart to put a SHO motor in it it. If it was me. Either keep it stock. Or run new larger speaker wires. But do everyone a favor and buy the wiring adapter so not have to cut up the original harness. Somebody in future may want to return it to stock. If don't believe me go to the classic mustang section ask them what they think.

1989 Mustang 2.3 turbo, rebuilt SVO motor, 88 computer,vam upgrade, adjustable boost control, intercooler, c-4 trans, 7.5 345 turbocoupe rearend, motorsport driveshaft, Black interior.
http://s177.photobucket.com/user/mgman75/library/?sort=6&page=1

AFM FORUM MODERATOR

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
2.3L Member

how is somone gonna wanna restore it back to the original when i dont plan on gettin rid of the car? lol. just wondering. but i unplugged the amp and spliced the wires to my old wiring harness and guess what. it works lmao. im good with this kinda stuff just wanted to see if these cars needed the amp to work. but i guess not and it actually sounds 10 times better now that the stock amp isnt connected and all the power is going straight from my head unit to the speakers. but yea. just wanted to let ya know i got it all to work and only took me bout 20 minutes to do it all lol

1993 Mustang LX
2.3L
4% Tint All Around
Pioneer 6" DVD Player
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009
RLG34750

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAzYearazzUP View Post
You trying to talk like me? Now, look, if I unplugged my guitar amp you think the wall socket wires would still work I remove the amp and play in the living room is I bought a bigger amp?

You mean, if I remove something with wires and I make sure I cover the hot side (+) so it does not ground like I laid a screwdriver blade over a battery and now hold the handle is not going to get a shock but the energy is going to glow the driver a nice red if it doesn't blow the battery up first kind of pull the wires off the amp under the seat?
What exactly are you trying to say.....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
2.3L Member

i was confused too lmao. but its ight. i got it to work so all is good you can trash this thread if ya want

1993 Mustang LX
2.3L
4% Tint All Around
Pioneer 6" DVD Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page