Stock 6disc head unit question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009 Thread Starter
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Stock 6disc head unit question

I have a 6disk head unit, but it isn't a shaker model. My question is on the stock 4 speaker system I am going to put in a sub and upgrade the 6x8's in the rear. The stock system sounds ok, but has no bass what so ever(exhaust drone may be eating it up). I don't care for a whole lot of bass, but would enjoy a better sound quality. How many channels do I need on an amp for 3 speakers? any advice on wattage, brands and speakers? In you opinions would these mods be all I need, I'm not tryin to enter compition. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

if you want just a little bit more bass i would leave the rear speaker in, and get a self amplified sub.like an infinity basslink.easy instal,takes less space,comes with a wired remote to adjust . i have a shacker 500 and added the saleen sub.only 150watts to a 12in. fosgate,funny thing is it is bassy when it needs to be i am happy with it. but it only work on thshacker500s.

2007 mustang gt premo/alloy grey on dove int/hurst shift/gt500 pedals/
sequental tail lights/2008 ceter concel with lite ring/mustang lit door sills/frpp push start/20x8.5/20x10 blackcrome bullit motorsports/
cdc chin spoiler/saleen H.I.D. headlights/steeda udp/oem nav/
factory side scoops/gt500 rear bumper/saleen 12in. sub/frpp bullitt cai/frpp bullitt strut bar/frpp x pipe/magnaflow cat backs/
oem nav/and more 2 come [but are we ever realy done?]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page