Need help with Sirius Sat Radio Install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009 Thread Starter
Classic Member
S197 Member

Need help with Sirius Sat Radio Install

Hey Everyone, My wife bought me a sirius Radio and I am going to put it in myself here in a couple days, I wanted to know if anyone else had done this and any tips for running the wires and what install method they used. Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009
PONY Member

I don't have any useful tips but I'd suggest that everything you do be reversable.
Bloomberg.com: U.S.
I doubt Sirius XM will go away completely but with the future of GM in doubt, who knows?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009
Apprentice

Sirius Radio

What kind of Sirius radio is it - a factory unit that connects through the Shaker 500/1000 radio or something else?

illini4

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

More info needed, car, type, and such.

Kenne Bell 2.6l @19lbs, forged, cammed, meth injected. Build in progress.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

First I love my XM/Sirius. I have not listned to a local station in years and most of my CDs sit in the house now. I hope they find a way to keep it going for many many years!!

I have a RoadyXM (i think it is called) I mounted the antenna in the center of the hood and ran the wire along the window and to the engine area through the door, under the steering wheel and up along the notch between the center console and the driver console. All being black you can't see a thing. I mounted my Roadie between the airvents. For me this could be an issue down the road if I I have to remove it, but it is very convient there and looks good. Sad thing is the power cord is plugged in the cig lighter on the center of the dash. It wasn't long enough to reach the one in the center consule. Some point I would like to get it hardwired into the radio, but I don't want a hole being drilled into my dash. I'll eventually find a pro to set it up without harming the car
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Liberty buying a stake in Sirius is a good thing. They are considering providing some of the DirectTV channels options over the signal. Which Sirius already has a couple kids channels available over the signal feed.

This would supply a boost once the economy begins to turn around, imagine, Satellite TV in your cars, without the need for a huge dish. Great concept for RVers, family vans, etc.

As for the install for the OP, we need more info about the radio(stock or aftermarket), we assume it's a new mustang based on the avatar.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009 Thread Starter
Classic Member
S197 Member

Yeah its an 07 GT and it is an aftermarket radio I have the Shaker 500 stock system in the car, No real plans on replacing it anytime soon it does just fine for me. The radio is the Stratus 5. I think it is just the entry level radio... but I love that it lights up blue goes great with the gauges haha. Anyway, can it be setup to run through the stock stereo? there is what appears to be a factory antenna mounted in the center of the trunk lid? not sure what it is?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshbrian View Post
Yeah its an 07 GT and it is an aftermarket radio I have the Shaker 500 stock system in the car, No real plans on replacing it anytime soon it does just fine for me. The radio is the Stratus 5. I think it is just the entry level radio... but I love that it lights up blue goes great with the gauges haha. Anyway, can it be setup to run through the stock stereo? there is what appears to be a factory antenna mounted in the center of the trunk lid? not sure what it is?
That puck-like antenna on the trunk should be the Sirius antenna. Do you have a "Sat" button on your Shaker 500? I assumed that if the vehicle had that antenna installed that the Shaker was already Sirius enabled and all you had to do was activate it.

2005 Mustang GT (2008-....)
2004 Mazda6 (2004-2008) - SOLD Never buying FWD again!
1994 Mustang GT (1997-2004) - SOLD
1988 Mustang GT (1988-1997) - SOLD
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

My Roadie has a FM transmitted built into to it. Just have to find an open FM channel and set the Sirius radio to it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page