Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Alarms (/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/)
-   -   Sound system for 1995 mustang gt (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/160840-sound-system-1995-mustang-gt.html)

Yankeesfan239 03-06-2009 11:08 AM

Sound system for 1995 mustang gt

Hey guys i was just wondering about the stock system that comes with the 95 gt i have the mach system in it right now with everything stock except the head unit, and was wondering what is stock with the mach exactly because it does give off pretty good bass for it being stock, does it have an amp in it or something, and what are the speakers is there any sub built in i wasnt to get a whole new system maybe for better sound and bass and also want to get subwoofers put in it where can i find a box for my convertible and all te speakers, links would be appreciated much thanks.

8MSBHVN 03-06-2009 12:28 PM

The car has three factory amplifiers. One behind the radio, in front of the shifter, inside the console. The other two are between the back seat and the rear of the trunk, on either side of the convertible top motor. 8 speakers total, 4 high range speakers. 2 5x7 speakers in the front doors, and two 6.5 "subs" in the rear side panels. Boxes are available on ebay. Although I decided to build my own, as I didn't like theirs.

yomadmike 03-06-2009 01:08 PM

I used a new head unit. And added a 12" sub and extra amp in the trunk just to augment the bass. I have a vert too, and the box had to be small. It's like 11"x12"x16". To get a better thump, I filled it with polyfill. Stereo shops carry the stuff, but you can get it cheap from Walmart in the hobby section. It's like a pillow fill, or teddybear stuffing, but it's cheaper there. Also the box is sealed for better frequency response.

Yankeesfan239 03-09-2009 09:32 PM

Ok what kind of speakers are the high range speakers exactly ? i want to see like all the sizes of the speakers, and also how do i get to the amps do i have to take things apart ? i never changed a sound system in a car before so thats why i asked

Big Daddy's Stang> 03-10-2009 07:08 PM

Pioneer 4 way are full range they are blue and some:bigthumbsup are grey.