2006 Mustang GT Factory Alarm Options? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2006 Mustang GT Factory Alarm Options?

Does anyone know if there is a way to "tap" into the existing alarm system and or have a key fob that alerts you when your alarm goes off?
Last night down here in Surprise a car alarm went off and brought me to my feet. I could not go back to sleep until I went to the front of the house to be sure it was not my angel!
Thankfully not mine but what a pain! I would love to have a key fob that alerts me

Can life get any better????
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009
Apprentice
S197 Member

Some years back when I was doing car audio there was a system that would page you when your alarm went off but for the life of me I can't remember it.

Check the link below, they are stand alone systems though so don't tap in with the original, but would still give some piece of mind knowing if that horn/siren you hear is yours or another's.

All 2 Way Paging Systems

Christopher J
"The breeze you felt going by...that may have been me"
'08 Red Fire GT, Polished 18's, Roush Axlebacks, Spoiler Delete, FRPP CAI & Tuner.....more to come
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the reply and the link! I really want to tap into my existing system. I asked around also yesterday and it is possible, now to find a good place to do it!! I am not brave enough for that install
More than likely it will have to be a time when I am back down in the Phoenix area

Can life get any better????
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page