2010 Mustang Shaker 500 Dash Kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member

2010 Mustang Shaker 500 Dash Kit

Do they make a dash kit for the 2010 GT yet? I can't find one anywhere..... I have a Stinker 500 and was thinking about some Sat Nav.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009
Apprentice

I would say check local audio shops or crutchfield.

94 blacked out gt- sold.

2009 GT Premium Performance White- just some Flowmasters and a JLT for now.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009
Rookie

2010 V6 Pony

I have a Shaker 500 in my car - and it totally and I mean totally sux for sound quality. I stuck in a set of MTX Sledgehammer 10" subs in the trunk - fits nicely up in the back against the seat, and placed my MTX 4004 and MTX 4002 amps on the back seats themselves as well as the Power Distribution and Caps. I replaced the rear deck speakers with Alpine 5x7's - awesome upgrade btw, and put alpine 5x7's in the doors. Type S speakers...

The two subwoofers in the doors are coming out during her winter nap in the garage and replacing them with some sort of dual voice coil 8" woofers. These will be amped themselves by a Kenwood 600 watt 2 channel amp. The Alpine Type S 5x7's in the doors do not seem to be powerful enough since I popped a tweeter, but they are amped off the MTX 4004 - on minimum front gain. Maybe the Crossover Frequency was set too high - when I get to it over the winter I'll take a peak at the speaker specs in the book at what the freq is set at...

As for the head unit, this is my big p!ssoff, teh Shaker 500 with Sync, totally blows goats. It is VERY bad, I believe I'm going to end up with a Pioneer AVC unit since it retains SYNC capabilities - only one on the market... - But the problem is no head unit kit exists. Talk about a massive p!ssoff. The 2010 is a new beast yes, but come on guys its a piece of plastic, metraonline - bestkits, scosche - not a single kit available for this car... Such a popular car too... I want to put in a double din unit touchscreen.

Also for sh!ts n giggles - 2 days after I bought the 2010 Mustang with Shaker 500 I threw out all the stock speakers... LOL - they chewed bigtime. I reran Monster Wire all throughout the car for every single speaker interconnection. I didn't trust the ford wiring schema, since it seems to be way too overcomplicated for no good reason...

If someone finds a headunit install kit for the 2010 please let us all know....

Madmike2010

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009
Rookie

Custom mustang dash with double din

Just upgraded a clients 2010 with a kenwood 7140 and camera f& r parking sensors. Whole lotta work though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang shelby 004.JPG
Views:	32712
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	85878  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009
Rookie

Michael, that looks awesome. I am assuming it was a complete custom kit that you created yourself.

I have the base stereo in my 2010 Gt and would LOVE to upgrade.

How much did the fabrication cost or does someone sell a kit online??
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009
Rookie

Hey thanks a lot Joe! We made the kit from scratch using the original radio surround as the base and added to it and found a close match to the dash color. This job was very labor intensive taking a 2 full days to modify the original radio/heater control panel and build the new dash surround. Cost with the Kenwood head unit is in the 3k range.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Michael,

Great looking bezel. Would you happen to have any pictures or details of the fabrication? I had to have a bezel made for my vette, so I know it can be done, and I have a friend in the auto audio business that has agreed to help me tear my wifes bezel up and try to make a double din opening. I want pretty much what you have, without the sunk in section for the heat and air controls. Basically just want a flat bezel. Any help would be appreciated.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Hey everyone,
I am new to the forum and new to fords. Just bought my wife a 2010 V6 convertible, and I also want to add a Double DIN radio. I also have a 2004 corvette convertible that I had a double DIN bezel made for. I contacted a fellow corvette forum member and emailed him photos of the mustang bezel. He fabricates these for a couple hundred dollars for the vette and he thinks he can do the same for the stang. If it goes the way I want it to, the Double DIN will fit right below the small info center and right above the heater ac controls. When I get a finished product, I will post pictures and if anyone is interested, I will get you in touch with Dennis. By the way, autotoys.com sells a kit for the 2010 mustang, but the radio would be at the very bottom of the bezel. Personally, I don't think that is a good place for it, especially if you are adding a navigation unit. Just sharing, if anyone is interested, send me a pm with your email and I will get in touch with you once I have something finished.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010
Rookie

2010 shelby dash kit

i, too, am waiting for a dash kit. installed focal spkrs, jl audio amp and stealthbox... will upgrade to alpine 900 hu w/ audysee as soon as the darn kit is ready. autotoys seems to be taking pre-orders, not available for release. i am ready for great sound. n u...
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael A View Post
Hey thanks a lot Joe! We made the kit from scratch using the original radio surround as the base and added to it and found a close match to the dash color. This job was very labor intensive taking a 2 full days to modify the original radio/heater control panel and build the new dash surround. Cost with the Kenwood head unit is in the 3k range.
How did you separate the heater/AC controls from radio controls? On OEM ford parts site I see they are in one piece. (see bellow) I hope I'm wrong....

piece no. 2:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	controls.gif
Views:	1691
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	109530  
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Metra 99-5823CH | 2010-up Ford Mustang Single/Double DIN Dash Kit

kit is there but pricey

on order- 2011 mustang base v6 m/t
white, performance pkg, sport appearance pkg
PONY Member

Apparently I have bad ears, cause I think the Shaker 500 sounds pretty good... Or I have low standards!!

1967 C Code Coupe

Retired
86 Lx 2.3
89 Gt Vert
95 Gt
10 V6
96 GT Vert
Rookie

A really good one is coming out in the spring. I'm waiting for that one. by scosche.

SEMA 2010: Scosche debuts dash kit for the 2010+ Mustang | Mustangs Daily
Rookie

Using the old heater controls with Navigation?

Would anybody know about cutting the circuit board in half? I'm wondering if the heating controls could still work without the top portion of the circuit board. Otherwise, I was considering using a heated wire to melt the silicon above the heat controls, and maybe then the circuit board could be folded (making a 90 degree angle)? That way, none of the connections on the circuit board would be destroyed. It sounds ridiculously difficult, but does anybody know if any of these methods would work? I am thinking (if it could work) that I'd finish the dash section off with an ashtray and lighter area; it looks really good in the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JQ_800.jpg
Views:	1377
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	130733  
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyo View Post
Would anybody know about cutting the circuit board in half? I'm wondering if the heating controls could still work without the top portion of the circuit board. Otherwise, I was considering using a heated wire to melt the silicon above the heat controls, and maybe then the circuit board could be folded (making a 90 degree angle)? That way, none of the connections on the circuit board would be destroyed. It sounds ridiculously difficult, <snip>
It sounds to me like a very expensive experiment. I wouldn't even think about it unless I found a circuit board for $5 in a wrecking yard. I'll bet you could add an aftermarket re-equalizer, a couple amps, and some great speakers a lot easier.

2011 GT Sterling Grey Premium w/ Stone Leather Interior
Automatic; HID Headlamps
19" Wheels w/ Strut Tower Brace
Comfort Package, Security Package
Rear View Camera, Sound System Upgrades
Magnaflow Catback - now with Resonators!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page