Mustang 2002 Couple Stereo Install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
Mustang II Member
V6 Member

Mustang 2002 Couple Stereo Install

Could someone post a few simple steps on getting to the head unit? I have an AT, not a stick. I see two screws to unfasten the console in the storage bin, can't I just pry up the trim around the AT though? All I want is informal steps - off the top of your head type thing. I would be forever grateful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
Mustang II Member
V6 Member

I see this had a bunch of "views" and no conclusion so I'll post one.

Yes, (this was a year ago) I did install my own stereo head unit (touch screen nav and iPod player).

To get access, take out the 2 screws in the storage unit behind the emergency brake lever (between seats). Everything comes apart from that point on.

Hope this helps someone. I also found a good install guide when I purchased parts from a major online vendor specializing in car stereo head units. The guide was specific to my vehicle and model year.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011
Apprentice

I had an Alpine Receiver in my '02, with 2 amps, and 2 12s in a sealed box with Optima battery in the trunk.

I remember most car audio shops wouldn't touch the car b/c it had a Mach sound system in it.

Too bad Hurricane Irene had to go and ruin the car, but luckily I was able to save my amps and speakers. I got a 2012 on the way now though that will be their new home.

2012 GT Premium/Auto/Race Red w/Charcoal Black 'n Cashmere
HID Security/Comfort Package/19" Machined Aluminum Wheels/Remote Start/Rearview Cam/Borla S-Type Cat-Back/JLT CAI/93 Bama Race Tune

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011
Rookie

1.Start by disconnecting the battery in your car by taking the adjustable wrench and loosening the nut on the positive side and pulling the positive terminal (or wire) off.
2. Remove the dash cover,then connect the wire harness to the head unit.
3.Then, you'll need to crimp both sets of wires together with a butt connector and a crimper
4.Slide the head unit and the dash kit into the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page