1985 Mustang wiring diagram - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

1985 Mustang wiring diagram

I am in the process of routing my wires under the feners.the guy i bought this car cut a lot of wires.i need a wiring diagram to figure it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

What wires? Brake light, stereo, trunk release? Or are you redoing the whole cars wiring?

2001 GT Mustang

Cheers!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010
C J
PONY Member
5.0L Member

if you need a specific circuit then we could probably help but if you need multiple circuits then you should consider getting this 1985 Mustang/Capri Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual - Helm Incorporated

these are factory books

94 GT Vert - MM coil overs, SFC, Panhard bar, C/C Plates, bumpsteer kit, alum. rack bushings, Rear LCAs, Ft ctl arms, 6pt Roll Bar; MAC equal length headers, catted hpipe, cat back, CAI; Baer Ft Tk+ brake kit; 3.73 FRPP Gears; 245s ft, 275s rear on Cobra 17 x 9; Cobra Daytona seats(powered).
00 Excursion - 7.3L 4x4 LTD, 8" lift, 38x15.5x18 Toyo M/T tires, chipped, Banks i/c, AFE CAI, APRacing brakes, Dynatrac c/o steer, Warn hubs, HD bumper & 15k winch
http://www.cardomain.com/id/cjones101812

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012
Rookie

tail lights wont work

we got my son a 1985 mustang gt conv. we can not get the tail lights to work. we have checked fuses, light bulbs,replaced switch. {it started when the head lights started going off and on} we got that fixed. but no tail lights. we bought a wiring harness so the wires were longer and we could match colors up. got it back together no tail lights. took it back apart last night and still no tail lights. not sure where to go from here, any ideas?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012
Rookie

we got it the new wiring harness did not match up with the other wires. dont know if that is normal or not but my son got it fixed. after dad spent 3 days on it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in