2005 Mustang GT Shaker1000 replacement Questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2005 Mustang GT Shaker1000 replacement Questions

I have an 05 mustang gt and want to change out the head unit. The cd player on it quit after running a cd cleaner through it.. Keep getting "BAD DISC" message. So Im going to replace the head unit but I was told I would have to get an adapter that was @150.00 to 200.00. I want to be able to use the stack speakers and amps. What will I need to swap this out and was the information I was given correct. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Just checked on crutchfield, apperently you do. This is it:

PAC Ford Radio Replacement Interface Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2005-up Ford-built vehicles (model C2R-FRD1) at Crutchfield.com

Thats only if you want all of your fancy features to work with the aftermarket HU. Its really there so that way you can have connections to all speakers, including the subs.

You should check with the local stereo shops and see if they have a wiring harness that just connects it all instead of utilizes your steering wheel control and other features.

2001 GT Mustang

Cheers!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I don't have steering wheel controls. I already have the HU and the wiring harness and dash adapter(to fill in the huge hole left in dash). But I was told it wouldn't even work without the PAC. Then I was told that it would work but the alarm wouldn't work nor would the door chimes or the chime if the lights were left on or the keys left in the car so. Crutchfield has a deal if you buy a HU that is over 130.00 you get the PAC for half price and the install kit and shipping for free wish I had known that first. I just want to get my wife's CD player up and working again. Gotta get out of the dog house soon..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Just Lookin for an update on this. Im about to swap out the OEM stereo HU for a Kenwood DDX419 in my 05 GT Convert W/ 1000 Shaker. Gunna buy the same super PAC wiring harness. Hopeing for pics and/or insight on how easy it was to sort the wiring harness out. Ive searched and searched, and it keeps coming up with this thread. Cheers.

"A veteran is someone who, at some point in his life, wrote a cheque payable to 'my country' for the amount of 'upto and including my life'. "
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012
Rookie

I just installed the DDX319 with the PAC Kit from Crutchfield. The colors on the Pac kit match right up with the DDX319 harness. Download the install guide and the tech bulletins from PAC:

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

as you need to add a 1 amp diode (Radio Shack part no. 1N4005) inline on the white/green Pac lead or you experience issues at high volumes.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012
Rookie

Items Used For Installation:
  • Kenwood DDX319 DVD Receiver
  • PAC C2R-FRD1 Wiring Harness
  • Metra 99-5807C Installation Kit
  • Radio Shack 1N4005 1 Amp Diode per PAC tech bulletin
  • Free Antenna Adapter from Crutchfield (not required for DDX319)
  • Solder Gun w/ Solder
  • Heat Shrink Tubing

I chose this setup from Crutchfield as they cut the PAC unit price in half with any stereo purchase. They also threw in the Antenna Adapter (not needed) and the Metra install kit at no charge. With a coupon, this setup was cheaper than buying an after-market wiring harness & mounting kit.

The PAC installation instructions were excellent with full wiring details. The only issue I had with the PAC kit was not including the 1N4005 1 Amp Diode per PAC tech bulletin. For the price they charge, this Diode should be included in the kit. Solder diode in-line per the PAC tech bulletin drawing.

I was a bit intimidated when I unboxed the PAC kit, but once I started soldering connections, the wire colors from the kit matched right up to the Kenwood stereo harness. The removable harnesses are very cool, I did all the soldering right at my desk, instead of inside the car. The DDX319 does have two direct connection wires outside of the removable harness, the reverse and parking brake wires. I used wire nuts on these non-audio connections rather than try to solder inside the Mustang. A reverse cam will be a future mod once I feel like routing cam wiring to the trunk. The DDX319 is setup to accept the reverse cam AV signal and will automatically switch to that input when the car is put in reverse.

The only issue I had was releasing the heating control slide release connection from the Ford face plate, what a pain in the ...!

Finished Installation:
http://i40.tinypic.com/vvmvn.jpg
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks bro. Got this and your links on my other thread. Cheers.

"A veteran is someone who, at some point in his life, wrote a cheque payable to 'my country' for the amount of 'upto and including my life'. "
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012
Apprentice

Can someone please help me. I put the 1N4005 1 Amp Diode on the white green wire of the pac harness. It solved the pop/cut at medium to high volume. However I still get cuts/pops at extremely high volumes. Would adding more diodes to the white green wire solve this?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012
Rookie
S197 Member

..check out the switch on voltage for the amp´s it must be 5 volts.
Not sure that they providet from the pac adapter.

Vialle liquid propane injection, JLT series II CAI with Brenspeed tune, SCT X3, 3.55 gears, J&M extreme joint lca´s, Magnaflow axlebacks, FRPP rear end girdle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page