Replacing shaker 500 door subs and amplifiers - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
I'm curious as well. Can anyone confirm without a doubt what size the upper speaker is: 5x7 or 6x8? There seems to be conflicting reports.
6x8's for all for speakers, the only ones that are different are the 8" door subs if you have the shaker 500.

As for 6x8 speakers, I went with some pioneer 3 way speakers for the doors and 2 ways for the rear. The door subs you have fewer options if you aren't going to amp them, Kicker makes some for shelby. The stock 8" subs sound better if you put some sound deadening material in the plastic enclosure for the sub.

But you aren't going to get tooth filling removing bass unless you get something bigger than an 8" sub and amp that.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Question

Has anyone tried the new Dayton low profile dual voice coil subs in the 8" door locations?

Dayton NS210-44 8" Neodymium Low-Profile DVC Subwoofer

2011 GT Sterling Grey Premium w/ Stone Leather Interior
Automatic; HID Headlamps
19" Wheels w/ Strut Tower Brace
Comfort Package, Security Package
Rear View Camera, Sound System Upgrades
Magnaflow Catback - now with Resonators!

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drboyd View Post
Has anyone tried the new Dayton low profile dual voice coil subs in the 8" door locations?

Dayton NS210-44 8" Neodymium Low-Profile DVC Subwoofer
Those are 4 ohm subs, you'll need to amp that.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System

PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighsayer11 View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I've been reading around regarding the sub replacement and I think my best option is to put the stock woofers in and just get an enclosure for those two pioneer subs and throw them and the amp in the trunk. Less.of a hassle and probanly a cheaper solution. Apparently the subs in the shaker have decent midbass reproduction.
Yes the shaker subs hit very very well in midbass. Ill be doing new audio work come next month when work kicks back up, Ill be putting a kicker CVX 12 in my trunk, and new door and deck speakers (apline type r's), and once I install all that ill decide whether i wanna amp my doors/deck. Im installing my amps upside down under the decklid, check it out, if you get a certain size amp (there are plenty that fit), you can hide em up there, as long as theyr class D amps (heat sink design), they will be ventilated fine, and totally hidden, out of the way try it! We installed them like that in my buddys '08, looks fabulous, all you see is the sub. With an upgraded audio the kick panel subs in the doors can hit very good mid bass, so Id say leave em in.

2011 Black V6 Premium MCA Edition | Charcoal Int. | Carbon Fiber Dash
Rapid Spec 203A (MCA)
3.31 Gears|Comfort Package|HIDs|Security Package
Mods:
Tinted Signals|20% Tint AA|Borla ATAK Cat-Backs|JLT CAI|BAMA 89P Tune|Alpine Type-R Two Ways (Doors/Rear Deck)|Kicker CVR 12|Kicker DX500.1
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighsayer11 View Post
Those are 4 ohm subs, you'll need to amp that.
Maybe I'm wrong but aren't the factory subs 2 ohm? These Dayton subs are 4 ohm DVC which could be paralleled giving you a 2 ohm load.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
PONY Member
V6 Member

idk the specs, but just take the door sub out (not hard...) and look at how its wired. If its wired in 2 slots, or 4 slots... pretty self explanatory what OHMage your getting

EDIT: However I do not know how the amp works.. they could be wired at 2, but stereo'd at 4, or mono... who knows with Ford/Shaker.

2011 Black V6 Premium MCA Edition | Charcoal Int. | Carbon Fiber Dash
Rapid Spec 203A (MCA)
3.31 Gears|Comfort Package|HIDs|Security Package
Mods:
Tinted Signals|20% Tint AA|Borla ATAK Cat-Backs|JLT CAI|BAMA 89P Tune|Alpine Type-R Two Ways (Doors/Rear Deck)|Kicker CVR 12|Kicker DX500.1
Apprentice

Garage
I got mine done at BestBuy because I have credit there. $150 total because I already got an AMP and Subwoofer. I didn't change out the speakers yet because 1. they not blown yet. 2. just get an amp for the bass so you wont blow the factory speakers. Factory speakers sound ok, just put any bass on them.
I love mine without the expense, but maybe in a 1yr or 2, i will switch them out.

Amp. Lighting Audio 300W
Sub. Lighting Audio 800w 12" 4ohm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page