Mach 460 problem. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mach 460 problem.

I just bought a 2003 Mach 1 and the guy before me had a aftermarket cd player put in but when he decided to sell it, cut the REM cable, and took out about everything besides the front speakers and tweeters. What should I do? Theres almost all the wires in the back that I need for new subs but one of em (which I think is the power cable) doesnt work or something. What should I do? Thanx for any help!

MACH WON!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011
Apprentice

my "stock" mach 460 system did not have extra sub-woofers in the trunk. In the front section it had-tweeters(by mirrors) and woofers in the bottom door panel. The rear section had-tweeters on top and woofers down below next to seat. You should only have two amps showing in the rear trunk area: one for tweeters and the other for stock 5.25" (i think) front and back woofers. If you want like a 10" or 12" inch sub, then you need an external amp which requires an aftermarket head unit. Let's see a pic of your cutoff wires!

'98 GT Convertible Pony, Pacific Green/Saddle DD, 4R70W, PI Swap, Ford Racing heads, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, Ford Racing red wireset, SCT tuner, MSD Blaster coil packs, K&N Custom Ram Air, Steeda pulleys, Super 44 Flows, NGK Iridiums, Royal Purple, Stage 8 header bolts, Kenwood KDC-X792, Mach 460 speakers, Snap-On tools made it happen, No need to go over 300HP... Awaiting J-Mod, Mild Cam, Accufab TB & Plenum, H&R lowering sport springs, Tokico dampers. Possibly LT's or X Pipe.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well idk if it came with subs or not but my whole left side doesnt work. and idk if the guy just hooked it back up wrong or they just dont work. And due to the purchase of the car I dont have much money at all and dont kno what my next step should be. I cant get a pic right now but theres 4 of the RCA cables, the little blue REM and the black ground and a big silver cable which goes under the backseat somewhere.

MACH WON!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011
Rookie
V6 Member

I know how you feel . When i got my 96 that had the premiun sound in it . The person i got the car from cut are ripped out all the wires . What i did was got on ebay an got a hole new wire harness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page