2005 Mustang subs installation - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

2005 Mustang subs installation

I have a 2005 mustang and i recently decided to get subs in it. I have a hifonics 1500 watt amp and a titanium eclipse 10 sub. I had to get the radio changed out and had everything wired up(profesionally) and it played for a week and hit hard. The sub no longer works but all of my stock speakers are blown and scratchy.

I am in a bind now and am wondering what do i need to do to fix it and make my system hit and sound clean? I am willing to spend any money..i just want it to work and sound good

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
PONY Member

there are many things that could have gone wrong.
1. you blew a fuse.
2. you rattled a wire lose.
3. you fryed your cd player.(i did that in my ford contour and the symptoms sound similar to yours.)
4. you blew your amp or subwoofer out.

Have who ever put it in take a look at it and see what they say, there are so many possiblitys when it comes to stereo stuff though that it is hard to guess with out being there.

GOOD luck

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011
Apprentice

Well where did you get the sub from? who installed it? and did they do it right? haha

'I dont regret the things iv done... I regret the things I didnt do when I had the chance'
04 svt cobra
01' Gt- sold

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

the sub i got from my friend but im going to replace it anyways. I also had everything wired up at goho audio.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011
Apprentice

ya i wouldnt buy a used sub from anyone. doesnt matter who they are haha, i would rather buy a new one with a warrenty so if something did happen i could get a new one..

'I dont regret the things iv done... I regret the things I didnt do when I had the chance'
04 svt cobra
01' Gt- sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page