programming connector - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004 Thread Starter

Post programming connector

I ordered a new remote for keyless entry on my 96 Mustang. I pulled back the carpet in my trunk on the left side, but I don't know what the programming connector is, or how to jump the pins. What does it look like/what do I do? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004

I'm lost myself, could someone answer please?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004

I've unplugged and plugged everything in the left side and the doors don't lock and unlock to acknolwedge programming status. Theres a red button, maybe gas reset, a pin connector closer to the rear seats, a grey connector that runs up to the trunck connections on the trunk, and a box behind a handle for a place to put something with an open two connector with nothing there connected, on the back of the box thers a grey larger set of pin connecter with two (black and grey) less amount of pins connectors.
My instructions came saying to turn the key to the run or acc. Momentarily jump the pins in programming connector located in the LR qtr panel. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Doors will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on the secondtransmitter(up to 4 transmitters possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004

I'm thinking that maybe jumping is to connect the pins together, so On that peice where there is that open 2 pin connector, I'm going to join them. Hope it works and doesn't blow up! good luck to me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004

congrats!!!!! Turn the car to ACC, get a rubber handle screw driver or something and connect those two pins in the connector that's just sitting there open. Now I have to put all this shhstuff back together. 1998 mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page