Speaker Swap out suggestions? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Beast3.7

Okay, I've been following the other thread in the general '11 mustang forum and think I am going with RF T1682s unless someone can convince me not to lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
Okay, I've been following the other thread in the general '11 mustang forum and think I am going with RF T1682s unless someone can convince me not to lol
I am positive you will be happy with them

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
I have the RF 1572s, just did the doors the other day, doing the rears next week and I love them. So crisp and clean compared to factory. I read that the 1682s recomend amplification so if you are not planning on that maybe get the 1572s.

Good luck!

2011 Black V6 Premium, Saddle Leather, Pony Package, Airaid CAI, Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust, 2.73, Security Package, Automatic, 4 Rockford Fosgate Power 5 x 7 Speakers, Side Stripe Delete, Hawk ceramic pads, BAMA Hybrid tune, Nitto Motivo tires.

Beast3.7

No I am not planning on changing anything but the speakers. Would I be under driving the 1682s?
MACH I Member

Depends who you talk to. I have always had good experiences running high RMS speakers with my deck. In fact, I have found that they play broader spectrum sounds than the lower RMS speakers. Also, I like having the option of later adding an amp to give a nice "upgrade" to my system.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbax35 View Post
I have the premium but looking to upgrade the factory door speakers..I will consider the rear as well but door panels first. Budget is up to $100, no other changes planned to shaker system.

Thanks!
$100.00 will definitely upgrade what you currently have. Seen some really nice Infinity Kappa's on Amazon that were under $100

2011 SG Mustang Premium V6, MCA Edition, 3:31 Gears, 6 MT, Reverse Camera.
Steeda CAI, BAMA Tuned SCT, GT Fascia, Boss/CS Valance, Boss Front Splitter, Saleen Grille, Roush Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, Roush AB, Black GT500 Wheels (18x10 Rear/18x9 Front), GT Front Brakes, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Adj LCAs, J&M Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda STB, Grabber Pony SG Shift Knob, Custom Perforated/Striped leather shift boot and E-Brake Handle boot, SR Performance Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket
Apprentice

jl c2-570x

alpine sps-507

2011 Pony Package, Auto, 2.73, Sterling Gray/Stone
MACH I Member

Quote:
No I am not planning on changing anything but the speakers. Would I be under driving the 1682s?
Quote:
I have the RF 1572s, just did the doors the other day, doing the rears next week and I love them. So crisp and clean compared to factory. I read that the 1682s recomend amplification so if you are not planning on that maybe get the 1572s.
My guess is you'll be better off with the RF 1572s cbax35 recommended. The stock HU simply doesn't have enough power to drive those speakers. Turning up full blast will lead to distortion.

post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
I think so.. It says in the specs amplification recomended.

2011 Black V6 Premium, Saddle Leather, Pony Package, Airaid CAI, Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust, 2.73, Security Package, Automatic, 4 Rockford Fosgate Power 5 x 7 Speakers, Side Stripe Delete, Hawk ceramic pads, BAMA Hybrid tune, Nitto Motivo tires.
Beast3.7

Okay thanks guys. What about the Pioneer TS-D6802R?
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
I found that by fading the speakers to the front, the head unit ups the power as its not being distributed to all 4 speakers. I noticed that the sound coming from the back leaves a lot to be desired and adds little to the mix. By using just the fronts, the stereo imaging seems to be more defined, and more natural.

Look forward to hearing the review on the fronts !!
I'm still all stock, Shaker 500 system, and since adjusting the fade to go more toward the back, possibly 3 notches, I think the system sounds much better. I'm actually pretty happy with it. I still might consider swapping out the doors just for a cleaner sound, but it's not high on the to-do list since making the adjustments.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
PONY Member

So if I understand correctly we have 5x7's all the way around? I was thinking about upgrading and the brand I have heard and love is "Realm". The component sets they offer are 5.25 and 6.5.

Also anyone have photos of your aftermarket head units? I would need to upgrade my head unit to run the realm speakers if thats the way I went since I'd also need a amp as well.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Okay thanks guys. What about the Pioneer TS-D6802R?
Maybe what you should do is go to some local stereo stores and test out some speakers to see which you prefer. Then perhaps order them online to save a few bucks. You don't need 100W RMS speakers, 50-60W will work perfect. The stock HU power is probably only 25W RMS anyway.

The Pioneers look good, but never listened to them. The bottom line is there are many good speakers, Alpine, Infinity, JL, Pioneer, etc.

Apprentice

JL. Memphis I believe makes speakers, there subwoofers are amazing, Kenwood actually is a nice speaker. pioneer are pretty good, never heard the Infintiy but people here are praising them,

also not to highjack but people who are swapping, do yall have the shaker 500 upgrades or is their a base trim radio as well, because my shaker 500 system sounds pretty good. good enough for me to not be able to justify ripping door panels off a new car
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar3293 View Post
also not to highjack but people who are swapping, do yall have the shaker 500 upgrades or is their a base trim radio as well, because my shaker 500 system sounds pretty good. good enough for me to not be able to justify ripping door panels off a new car
These speaker swap threads kind of worried me a little bit, but I'm in the same boat. I just bought this car and have the Shaker 500 system. I've messed with the settings a little bit and I'm pretty happy with how it sounds.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page